I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

10' walleye trolling blank
Posted by: Paul Wood (---)
Date: October 03, 2018 11:42AM

A buddy in Minnesota asked me to build a trolling rod for walleye. Looking for a two piece, medium power, moderate action blank around 10' in length. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 10' walleye trolling blank
Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: October 03, 2018 11:48AM

Paul,
I would suggest one of these 10 foot rods:

[www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

The length with the moderate action is a perfect blank to use when trolling. I would likely to build a pair of rods for him.

One in medium action and one in medium heavy action for the times that one wants to troll with really deep divers or a heavier weight.

Very good blanks and at a reasonable price.

I very much prefer a moderate action for all of my trolling rods to more easily see the action of the bait by looking at the end of the rod and to also have a softer tip to let fish hook themselves when using the rod in a rod holder.

Good luck

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.mid.dyn.suddenlink.net)
Date: October 03, 2018 04:03PM

You might want to look at something in the "BP" or "RDR" series by Batson
Here is a link;
[www.schneidersrods.com]

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 04, 2018 01:32PM

Ron,
X10 on your advice.

Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---)
Date: October 04, 2018 03:12PM

Being a spoonplugger, and a fan of Buck Perry and Don Dickson, their types of trolling rods are much shorter and stiffer. Don Dickson has activaded a blog and shows the equipment and results of such.
I have no experience with trolling with the rods expressed.
Looking for more experienced thoughts. Thank you to all who use this site.
Jeffrey D Rennert

Posted by: John Allgood (216.74.247.---)
Date: October 05, 2018 08:25AM

I am also a spoon plugger and also use much shorter and stiffer trolling rods. The short stiff rods work well for me. The writings of Buck Perry and Don Dickson are very informative.

I also have never used a trolling rod anything like what is being described so have no advice there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster