I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Issue
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: September 25, 2018 04:38PM

[www.rodmakermagazine.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Issue
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 25, 2018 04:52PM

Looking forward to seeing Bill's article. HE's been going to ICRBE's for a long time, although I haven't seen him since High point. He does really nice work, as seen on teh cover.

Date: September 25, 2018 07:46PM

Instructions for making his unique EVA cutting tool are also included along with his technique article.

Date: September 25, 2018 09:55PM

He had another cutting tool that was featured in an article several years ago, right?

Date: September 25, 2018 10:21PM

Yes. There is now some additional information to go with his article which details how to use a "fence" to get verbatim cuts each time. Pretty clever.

Posted by: Bill Marchisella (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 26, 2018 01:02PM

Tom, the cover looks great! Thanks. Billy, thanks for the compliments, coming from the eva guru! I believe I sent you one of the eva cutting tools. Hopefully, I'll make to the show this year.

Date: September 26, 2018 02:23PM

You're welcome Bill. Hopefully you'll make it to Winston Salem this year. Yes I did have one of your cutting tools, I have a bandsaw and lathe so it wasn't something I could use. FOr those who do not have access to those tools, your methods should open up an entire world to rodbuilders that never knew how easy it was to make awesome EVA inlays

Posted by: Bill Marchisella (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 26, 2018 03:34PM

Billy, you are right.. I wrote this article to show how I make my grips .and how easy it really is. If you can glue a model plane or car together you should have no problem making my grips. I also want to thank Tom again for printing the article in the Rodmaker Magazine.

Date: September 26, 2018 04:06PM

We sometimes forget that many if not most rod builders do not have power tools readily available and therefore have to rely on more simple methods. Bill has provided some means to get the same results you'd get with power tools, with common items that most rod builders have or can cobble together. Great article.

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.15.236.249.res-cmts.ovr.ptd.net)
Date: September 27, 2018 11:09AM

Im still desperatly waiting for my first issue to arrive.. Lol i havent been this excited for a magazine since my first issue of fly tyer.. After reading a post or 2 here, i answered a question in a diffrent thread.. Lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster