I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lamiglas Europeon blanks
Posted by: Rich Lundy (---.natnow.res.rr.com)
Date: September 16, 2018 06:11PM

I purchased some Lamiglas blanks awhile ago . I've searched there part # and they are a europeon blank, XSH 1082 MH MT and XSH 992 MT. They are marketed in Poland and Russia as certified pro. but they don't have the finish like my certified pros they are just a standard satin gray.
So I was thinking they are salmon / steelhead rods, I was wondering if anyone has heard or these or built on them.Any info appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lamiglas Europeon blanks
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: September 16, 2018 07:52PM

The XSH 992MT 8 ft. 3 in. is a long standing blank in the Certified blank line till around 2006, or so. If you can't find some specs I have them. They made a 99 inch, 102 inch, 105 inch which was a bit more powerful, 114 inch and 120 inch model. Never saw a 108 in version I remember, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist as you say.
I too have some 10 1/2 ft. XMG 50 blanks for the european market, all are in the salmon/steelhead realm of design.
I own rods in 99, 102 in the Perigee finish, and 114 inch versions. May still have some 99 and 114 inch blanks around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 08:01PM by Spencer Phipps.

Date: September 16, 2018 09:56PM

Thanks for the reply. I want to build them as steelhead drift rods.I mistakenly thought the 1082 was a 10' rod that I wanted to build for salmon off the beach on puget sound. Still looking for something for that fishery.

Date: September 16, 2018 10:09PM

Spencer,
The specs I found for the 1082 10-20 lbs ,10-46 grams fast, and the 992 8-17 lbs 7-21 grams X-FAST
Is that what they are?

Date: September 17, 2018 12:05AM

The 1082 sounds like our 1052 specs, what they call a MH mag taper, the 992 M mag taper specs are spot on. There was a short lived XSH1082MMT, but the specs were much lighter, 8 to 15 lb. line.

Posted by: Rich Lundy (---)
Date: September 17, 2018 10:40AM

Thanks ,the 1082 is a MH MT.
Guess I'm building a couple of steelhead rods

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 17, 2018 11:26AM

Rich,
these blanks were developed for the Polish & Russian market around 2005. The demand from that area were more for Ex-Fast type actions and the Lamiglas Magnum Taper actions were the desired action. There were probably 8 or 10 models made and the cosmetics were different. And yes they were developed for a Steelhead type of fishery.

Regards,
Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Date: September 17, 2018 12:43PM

Cool thanks for the info. That's what they'll be then.

Date: September 17, 2018 12:45PM

Todd,
By the way would you have any recommendations for a 10ft casting rod for fishing salmon off the beach in Puget Sound.

Date: September 17, 2018 05:51PM

Batson Rainshadow IST1266F will get it done. Also a decent boat rod both mooching and trolling as long as your not one of the pound+ weight guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2018 05:54PM by Spencer Phipps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster