I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Xmg 50 replacement
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: September 09, 2018 08:41PM

I have a friend who would like to replace his xmg50 lmb 843&844.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks
Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Xmg 50 replacement
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: September 10, 2018 06:11PM

Those were some pretty neat blanks, I've never handled a blank that was really similar overall. Have some myself in LC, LMB, LP and steelhead/salmon rods.

Date: September 10, 2018 07:02PM

Spencer I was hoping you might reply to this one. I agree that I haven’t found anything similar and was hopeful you might have a suggestion. Do you know if lamiglass will do a special run?

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: September 10, 2018 09:27PM

Todd Vivian when he moved on to Mudhole and right after the discontinuance of the bass and popping rod blanks, told me he was having special runs of the LP904 blank made by Lamiglas because the anglers in the area liked them so much, he also gave me the microguide recipe he had developed for fhat blank using 20 lb. braid if I remeber back that far. It was a year, or fwo before I got 2 of those blanks and of course I couldn't find the recipe and ended up making my own.
So maybe it's possible if enough were interested, after all they brought the Perigee back for a year, or two again. They got to do something, their surf/salt and composite salmon rods is the only bright spot I've seen in some time and I'm not so sure about the surf/salt anymore.

Date: September 11, 2018 05:06PM

I will have to contact them to see if they can do something. Maybe their new infinity series will hold some promise

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 14, 2018 11:58AM

Thomas,
one other thing to keep in mind would be the American Tackle Viper blanks. These were very similar HM blank with Texalium material over the butts. But in all honesty I get requests for these actions and without the tooling that Lamiglas has it would be impossible to duplicate.

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Date: September 14, 2018 02:56PM

Thanks for the suggestion Todd! Those r still great sticks in my mind, they ride alongside my k2’s, hm’s, etec2 and scv’s!!

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.dhcp.hspr.ca.charter.com)
Date: September 17, 2018 02:29AM

Todd, by tooling do you mean the mandrils?

Thanks

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 17, 2018 11:37AM

Yes Mo, whether an internal mandrel or external mold it's common to refer to as "tooling".

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.dhcp6.chtrptr.net)
Date: September 18, 2018 04:29AM

Thanks Todd.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster