I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

8 foot mojo surf rod St. Croix guides
Posted by: John Keough (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 26, 2018 06:10PM

I need to replace a guide on one of these for a customer, just wondering what brand is used. This is what is posted on there website "Specialized, weight-saving surf guides with zirconium rings and black frames." Any help would be appriciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 8 foot mojo surf rod St. Croix guides
Posted by: Matthew Pitrowski (---.lightspeed.milwwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 26, 2018 07:17PM

looks to be one of these
[www.mudhole.com]

The best day to be alive is always tomorrow !!
Think out side the box when all else fails !!!
Wi.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 26, 2018 07:56PM

Call St. Croix, you will find them very helpful.

Posted by: John Keough (---.pools.cgn.spcsdns.net)
Date: August 26, 2018 08:26PM

I was thinking of calling them. I will give them a buzz in the am

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 26, 2018 09:32PM

I think they are Kigan double ft tangle free Z guides. May have a tough time finding them. Might be able to get Hydra fishing to special order them for you. Maybe St Croix will sell some to you. They look very similar to the Fuji LC guides (low riders), which may be a suitable substitute.
Norm

Posted by: herb canter (70.40.101.---)
Date: August 26, 2018 10:50PM

If they haven't changed the Mojo Surf since it came out and the guides are the same than it is indeed a copy of a Fuji Lowrider and they do have Zirconium rings . I used to know the name of the manufacturer St. Croix uses but it evades me now , i know it's not Kagan( Although St. Croix does use Kagan guides on a few inshore model rods) and it's not anything by American , Fuji or SeaGuide .

If you call St. Croix i bet they will send you exactly what you need , they're great like that .

Posted by: John Keough (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 27, 2018 06:45AM

This is super helpful thanks

Posted by: John Keough (---.pools.cgn.spcsdns.net)
Date: August 27, 2018 12:48PM

Called st. Croix and they told me it was a bcrsg16. If anyone knows what that is, let me know or I may be able to get it from them.

Date: August 27, 2018 03:06PM

John Keough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Called st. Croix and they told me it was a
> bcrsg16. If anyone knows what that is, let me know
> or I may be able to get it from them.

Thats not very helpful because i can't find anything about it so far , i would call them back and say you need the manufacturers name or if they could send you a direct replacement , i'm sure they would rather send you a replacement guide than a replacement rod since those Mojo's have a 5 years warranty and Croix has a great repair/replacement service.

Posted by: John Keough (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: August 27, 2018 06:22PM

They don't have any in stock.The only thing they could give me was a part number. I will call them back tomorrow.

Date: August 27, 2018 06:50PM

OK , hope it works out for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster