I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Catfish rod blank
Posted by: Roger Keck (---.adams.net)
Date: August 25, 2018 10:38AM

Hey guys, thanks for all your recomendations on blanks. Maybe i should have been more specific. Looking for a good bank rod in the 7 to 8' range. Basically, i would be targeting all three species (blues,flats,and channels. Just a good all around rod that i could do just about anything with. From bottom fishing to maybe fishing at night with a lighted bobber just to name a few. Maybe a mod-fast action for casting long distances with a med-hvy power. I would also like to put a set of fugi guides on them and would prefer a grip material other than cork. Any comments here would be of help. As far as reels go, i like the 6500 black edition reels. I pretty much know how I"d like these rods set up Thanks, Roger

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catfish rod blank
Posted by: Mark Blabaum (159.100.164.---)
Date: August 25, 2018 10:45AM

Billy Vivona helped design these for black fishing, but the cat fishing guys have found them to be exceptional for Catfishing. Depending on the weight of the sinker and weather you are fishing snags or not would help you decide which one would fit the bill [rodgeeks.com] . As for grip material, I prefer a nice figured walnut burl, you can purchase it for less than good cork and if finished correctly will last for years.

Posted by: Roger Keck (---.adams.net)
Date: August 25, 2018 11:13AM

Whats a good source to find this type of wood or really any wood for making trim? I would like to experiment with custom wood trim on some of my bass rod as well

Posted by: Matthew Pitrowski (---.lightspeed.milwwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 25, 2018 02:05PM

[www.bellforestproducts.com]

The best day to be alive is always tomorrow !!
Think out side the box when all else fails !!!
Wi.

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (159.100.164.---)
Date: August 27, 2018 10:06AM

I find a lot of my wood at the local Woodcraft, but there is quite a few online suppliers as well. One advantage to Woodcraft, if I have a question about how dry the wood is they will check it for me before I purchase the piece.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster