I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Gudebrod Rod Restorer
Posted by: David Parker (---)
Date: August 22, 2018 12:00PM

Now that Gudebrod has passed into history, I am trying to locate a replacement for their product called Rod Restorer. It was an acrylic liquid that produced new like finishes when brushed onto old rod blanks.
IMO, it was a great product, one that was helpful in my repair business. My searches have come up nil.
I would appreciate any help in finding something similar if one exists.
Thanks in advance.

David Parker
Certified Professional Rod Builder
www.fliesrodreelservice.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gudebrod Rod Restorer
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.ip-167-114-102.net)
Date: August 22, 2018 12:27PM

Angler's Workshop has two products and one of them may be what you are looking for. One is a single part rod wrap finish but it is thin enough to be used as a blank coating. The other is meant as a lure or rod blank coating itself. Both are very thin and brush on easily. I have refinished a few older rods with the second one and had good results. Only problem is you have to keep the glass jar lid clean or the lid will cement itself to the jar. Using pliers to break one free I broke the jar. Now I put a piece of saran wrap over the jar before screwing the lid on.

Posted by: Eric Zielinski (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 22, 2018 01:34PM

Maybe CPX Rod Finish? Somebody recommend the same thing to me but I have yet to try it.

Supposedly it can also be used to finish or seal threads.

Posted by: Eric Zielinski (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 22, 2018 02:08PM

Or not that.. Maybe u40 permagloss?

Posted by: herb canter (70.40.101.---)
Date: August 22, 2018 02:42PM

Posted by: David Parker (---)
Date: August 22, 2018 04:12PM

Thanks for the feedback. I purchase most of my supplies thru Angler's Workshop, but they are no longer able to ship any liquids, epoxy, varnish, etc into Canada. After many years of purchasing, our boarder @#$%& prevents me from getting such supplies.

David Parker
Certified Professional Rod Builder
www.fliesrodreelservice.com

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: August 22, 2018 06:21PM

Use Canada Rodbuilder Supplies to the left. Good people, have used the many times.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster