I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Best Shakey Head rod blank
Posted by: Gary Schembs (---)
Date: August 20, 2018 04:27PM

I’m looking to build a shakey head spinning rod and looking for high quality rod blank suggestions.

6’10” to 7’

I would like it to be as light as possible but still have backbone.

Any blank suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Shakey Head rod blank
Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 20, 2018 04:37PM

The New MHX Elite X Rod Blank Series is the utmost in high quality performance. Here is a link to the NSJ842-MHX that will build into the perfect shakey head spinning rod and all purpose finesse rod - [www.mudhole.com] -- The sensitivity level and light weight of these rod blanks are outstanding!! Thank You

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Date: August 20, 2018 04:39PM

I will check it out. Thanks Bob

Posted by: lewis morgan (---.dhcp.chtrptr.net)
Date: August 20, 2018 07:24PM

I have two of these blanks and they are second to none. They are the lightest rods I have ever built and by far the most sensitive I've had in my hand. You almost tell when you go from muddy water to clear. lol Laying all joking aside they are awesome rods to have in my boat. I have been using the MHX,S since they were developed in 2008 by my good friend Todd Vivian. It's great to have Bob and Todd at Mud Hole as my friends for a lot of years now. I encourage anyone to try their new series of blanks, I certainly treasure mine to be some of the best.

Fuzz Morgan "KEEP THE RODS TURNING AND THE FEATHERS FLYING"

Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: August 21, 2018 12:03PM

With RainShadow Rod Blanks we have three different model lines that will fill your needs quite well, all of them are 6’10” as well.

The Eternity ETES610MXF is a top of the line, made in USA, rod blank that is a favorite for shakey head and drop shots. Specs can be found at: [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

Just a notch below is the Immortal IMMS610MFX (my personal favorite line of blanks). Top notch performance and construction. Specs at: [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

Revelation line is a tournament tested line of rods, a bit more durable (not quite as sensitive as the above) but the best blend of high performance, durability and price. Check the specs for REVS610MXF at: [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

Can't go wrong with any of these three models.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Date: August 21, 2018 03:43PM

Thanks James
Ironically the 6’10” Rainshadow Eternity in MXF is what I ended up ordering.

Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: August 22, 2018 02:18PM

Gary Schembs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks James
> Ironically the 6’10” Rainshadow Eternity in
> MXF is what I ended up ordering.

Awesome, I'm sure you'll like it.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Posted by: David DeBruhl (170.7.248.---)
Date: August 22, 2018 03:44PM

I picked up for my personal rod the Rainshadow Eternity 6'10" MXF at the Expo in February. Absolutely phenomenal blank for shakey head and Neko rigs. Rod has plenty of backbone and you can feel the slightest bite. Enjoy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster