I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Comparison between two rainshadow blanks and other suggestions
Posted by: Justin Duhon (---.gt.res.rr.com)
Date: July 20, 2018 10:09PM

I have a few RCKJB blanks and I'm happy with them but I'm interested in something with just a little faster acton maybe just the first 2/3 or 1/2 of the rod versus all of the rod in a RCKJB . Would the sws70mh fit that bill?

I have a RCKJB 700-250 with an lexa 400 that I use as a multi purpose rod offshore but on our shorter trips that only involve cobia and snapper I don't need the extra weight so thinking on a lighter weight action and lighter physical weight setup that is comparable. Less fatigue means more fishing.

I'm not the only one fishing the rod at times (it could get abused some) so I'd like to stay with a durable blank like these if yall have any other suggestions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Comparison between two rainshadow blanks and other suggestions
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: July 20, 2018 11:36PM

Have you tried using the search function? Pages of info on that blank there.

Posted by: Dan Ertz (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: July 21, 2018 09:31AM

When you say "lighter physical weight" there's only going to be a fraction of an ounce difference between the rods - the reel weighs many times what the rod does, but going smaller runs the risk of getting spooled.... Maybe think about a spinning rod for your "lighter setup" they are better balanced with the reel being under the blank and are less fatiguing.

Date: July 21, 2018 09:58AM

22.1oz lexa 400/rckjb700-250 vs 16.5oz tranx 400/sws70mh reel and blank weight with a 25 yard loss of line capacity on the tranx also more compact setup. Already have a 6k saragosa setup also.

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (---.hampton.k12.va.us)
Date: July 23, 2018 07:27AM

Have you looked at the Bushido jigging line up from American Tackle? I had some of the RCKJB's and switched to the Bushido's. I can't really describe the difference, but for me, the Bushido jigging blanks suite my style of fishing better.

Capt. Craig Freeman
Grading Scales Sportfishing and Back River Rods

Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: July 24, 2018 10:28AM

Yes the SWS70MH would fit what you're looking for, it has more graphite in there. We'd also recommend the RCLB79ML which you can find the specs here: [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Date: July 24, 2018 01:57PM

James Taylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes the SWS70MH would fit what you're looking for,
> it has more graphite in there. We'd also recommend
> the RCLB79ML which you can find the specs here:
> [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]
> 6eglass-live-bait/

Thanks I called yesterday and confirmed with Karry. I already have a RCLB79ML that I just built and I love it with my Okuma Andros 5. Hopping that the sws70mh will be a little slower than the 79ml.

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: July 26, 2018 01:41PM

Justin, I just flexed both the RCLB79ML and the SWS70mh. The SWS is a little slower. Great blanks!

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Date: July 26, 2018 01:45PM

Get Bit Outdoors.Com Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justin, I just flexed both the RCLB79ML and the
> SWS70mh. The SWS is a little slower. Great blanks!

Thankyou!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster