I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rod Dancer Threadmaster 1 gone milky
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 04, 2018 05:30PM

I would be very interested to hear from the users of TM1, as to the benefits they achieve other than, the time saved and mix error risks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 04, 2018 05:30PM

I would be very interested to hear from the users of TM1, as to the benefits they achieve other than, the time saved and mix error risks.

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: July 04, 2018 05:31PM

my experience with any water based products is to double the drying time..if i use CP i give it two or three days to dry and never have clouding problems..with TM1 they call for three days to dry..i would give it five or six, but no one can wait that long, so don,t use water based stuff i guess..i think they are good products but can,t be rushed.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 04, 2018 08:46PM

When I first bought TM1 I was hoping it would be similar to the old Gudebrod Hard ‘N’ Fast, but it was not. TM1 is much more viscous making it harder to apply. I do not see any real advantage to using TM1 vs epoxy except for very quick turn around guide repairs.
Norm

Posted by: sam Ledbetter (---.cable.conwaycorp.net)
Date: July 08, 2018 01:14PM

I just used some TM1 today and was getting a milky appearance as it cured. I was wondering what was causing this as well. Still waiting for the material to dry and see what happens.
When I got my first couple of rod building kits, TM1 was include as material to use to cover the threads. It has been a couple of years ago and the material seem to beholding up OK. The rods get used about two or three times a month so they are not exposed to the elements on an everyday basis. I liked the material at first for ease of use but have since switched to twp part epoxy mixes for the look (seems clearer) and hardness of the finish.

I now use the TM1 when I am practicing with a tiger wrap on a practice rod or trying to get an idea how a cross wrap pattern will look after I am finished.

Sam

Posted by: Kevin Althoff (45.52.50.---)
Date: July 21, 2018 08:10AM

Phil Erickson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would be very interested to hear from the users
> of TM1, as to the benefits they achieve other
> than, the time saved and mix error risks.

For me it isn't even time, it's waste. I don't have a multi rod dryer, so I can only work on one project at a time, no matter how small it is. I got sick of mixing up a decent size batch of 2 part just to repair a single guide and then throw most of the epoxy away. The benefit with TM1 is simply that you only use what you need. Smaller projects also make the shortcomings of TM1 easier to deal with, I wouldn't want to wrap a whole rod with it, especially if I had large butt wraps that needed finishing.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster