I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Any builders in the SW Florida area?
Posted by: Ken Patek (47.201.57.---)
Date: June 17, 2018 06:28AM

Anyone live in or close to the Port Charlotte area? I’m trying to meet other builders, and start up a monthly club or something. I met Jack, the owner of the Charlotte Harbor Rod Room. Super awesome guy, been building since 92, and will offer up his shop as the meeting place. Anyways, trying to gauge the interest. So far I’ve got two people (Jack and I)....lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any builders in the SW Florida area?
Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---.lightspeed.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 17, 2018 07:23AM

Super idea..I'm in North East Fl (St. Augustine) any one @ me interested, lets do it. I'm just learning.

Posted by: Charles Backes (---.lightspeed.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 17, 2018 06:04PM

I'm over in Lake Park Ga. I'd be interested and willing to travel a bit

Posted by: Eddie Anderson (24.73.2.---)
Date: June 17, 2018 06:59PM

I am about an hour north of Port Charlotte in Palmetto ,FL. I like the idea of meeting other rod builders, just not sure how practical it for me to make that trip with a four month old baby at home and my other jobs. But I am willing it give your idea a try.

Posted by: herb canter (70.40.98.---)
Date: June 17, 2018 07:37PM

Eddie Anderson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am about an hour north of Port Charlotte in
> Palmetto ,FL. I like the idea of meeting other rod
> builders, just not sure how practical it for me to
> make that trip with a four month old baby at home
> and my other jobs. But I am willing it give your
> idea a try.

Rumor has it that the legendary and world famous Norm started wrapping at 4 months old so i say bring the infant along .

Posted by: Nick Cannisi (66.86.240.---)
Date: June 21, 2018 01:24PM

Ken I live in South Gulf Cove which is on cape Haze

Date: June 21, 2018 01:24PM

Ken I live in South Gulf Cove which is on cape Haze

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 21, 2018 05:53PM

Nicky you still build rods? I was fishing with a deckhand from your boat today, Jason Graham. I just dropped him off after fishing today, we fish together 2-3 times a week on the Ocean Eagle. I havent' seen Chris in a long time, but I do see Christina on FB, hopefully they come out fishign this summer. Good to see you are still active and looking to build rods, I hope oyu are enjoying your retirement down there. Sad to see what th Bay is turning into

Posted by: Tony Boschi (---.craigtechinc.com)
Date: June 22, 2018 11:18AM

I'm in Merritt Island, which is basically Cape Canaveral / Cocoa Beach. Let me know if this is going to happen, I don't mind a trip over to the West coast from time to time.

Tony Boschi
Banana River Rods
Merritt Island, Florida
321~525~1063

* Rapid Prototyping Services
* Custom Beach Rods
* Custom Inshore Rods

[bananariverrods.com]

Date: June 22, 2018 07:43PM

Billy I'm still build rods now and then , do enjoy it keeps me clam and relaxed. Love living down here wish I could have done it years ago. I know how sad the bay is just glad I had the good times up there.

Posted by: Bill Blount (---.ftmy.qwest.net)
Date: June 28, 2018 04:50PM

Ken... I live in Gulf Cove and would be interested... what a week, been here since 2000 only talked to local tackle shops who repair guide and some doing a little building… I even attempted to get Florida state Take a Kid Fishing to start a program for the youth, but that faded into the Gulf sunset…
BUT on yesterday's local noon news was a news item announcing the grand opening of a SW Florida 'Rod Crafting for Veterans' down in Cape Coral, teaching disabled vets but open to non-military adults and youth too... they said it's program that was originally introduced and developed within Wounded Warrior Anglers of America as part of its alternative therapy mental health programs in April 2015, for disabled veteran members of the organization and was called Warrior’s Handcrafted Rod Building Program... they are even sponsoring a Rod Crafting Seminar the end of July 2018... on site they have 2 full stations with Dale Clemens' lathes with 4 more on order, a multi rod dryer from Flex Coat, 2 laths for cork & wood, and more...
So this ‘rod crafting hog’ is belling up to the trough, YES count me in!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster