I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RBO Anniversary
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 11, 2018 12:48PM

This marks RodBuilding.Org's 17th anniversary. In these past 17 years, the forum has garnered nearly a half million posts (479,303) for an average of just over 77 posts per day and accumulated 12,036 registered users, of which nearly 3/4 have logged in within the past 30 days.

The Photo Page is not quite as old, but is running on it's 15th year, and remains the world's largest repository of custom rod photographs (18,948) It has 4,429 registered users and has received nearly 41 million views (40,762,920) during these past 15 years. As of 12:45, as I write this, there were 315 persons viewing photos on the site. It remains hugely popular.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RBO Anniversary
Posted by: Joe Vanfossen (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 11, 2018 01:19PM

Considering the turnover rate in rod building, the fact that nearly 3/4 of 17 years worth of registered users are still active is staggering!

Thanks for a well run forum Tom!

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 11, 2018 02:05PM

Tom, we owe it to you, for providing a most valuable asset to our rod building hobby or business! The forum is invaluable, in providing ideas, techniques, lessons and inspiration to us builders.

THANK YOU

Posted by: Gary Kilmartin (---.sub-174-221-143.myvzw.com)
Date: June 11, 2018 02:58PM

Well done, sir. Well done.

Posted by: herb canter (70.40.98.---)
Date: June 11, 2018 05:00PM

Now lets not suck up to Tom too much , he's already very aware thats he's a tremendously impressive physical and mental specimen far exceeding us mere mortals .

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.cust.tzulo.com)
Date: June 11, 2018 06:45PM

The fact is that RBO was not only one of the first rod building message boards but later during a time when flame wars and childish behavior was the norm on most rod building forums RBO was a sea of tranquility where serious rod builders could come to discuss actual rod building without all the silly and childish rubbish going on elsewhere. That it is one of the few surviving with good participation numbers is not a surprise to me.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 11, 2018 10:01PM

Thanks Tom for putting this site together and thanks to all the guys and gals that use it. Rodbuilding.org is the reason I turn my computer on every day.I would truly miss not being able to come here every day. Let's all carry on.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Pat Doyle (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: June 12, 2018 07:57AM

Congratulations Tom.

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: June 12, 2018 09:43AM

51% of what i know about rod making came from this site, the rest from brutal experience..lol..thanks Tom and those who share thier experience..

Posted by: Alex Weissman (---.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 12, 2018 01:57PM

I've been repairing/building rods since the 50s and had to either improvise or figure things out myself until I joined this forum. I didn't know what I didn't know until I got on here, thanks guys.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 12, 2018 06:02PM

Even experienced rod builders learn new things on this site. It is a very friendly and informative resource for anyone who builds and repairs rods. People on this site go out of their way to help.
Norm

Posted by: ricky espenschied (---.dhcp.missouri.edu)
Date: June 13, 2018 06:36AM

Congrats and Thanks

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: June 13, 2018 01:33PM

I can't tell you how much this site has meant to me and how helpful it has been. Thank you again.

Posted by: Paul Wood (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: June 13, 2018 09:38PM

As a rookie, I'd be completely lost without all the input from this forum!

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 13, 2018 09:56PM

RBO has virtually flattened my learning –curve regarding any aspect of rod building. I have learned to enjoy, respect and utilize 95% of the of the responses of fellow rod crafters to my inquiries with their generous input, insight, suggestions and advice which has lead to a few closer friendships as well. Although all the replies prior to mine were very good, I have to say I particularly like the reply from Mike Ballard, “… Good participation numbers is not a surprise to me”. While the entire membership deserves thanks for their contributions, helping others and offering “fuel-for-thought”, none of it would be possible without the commitment, knowledge and impeccable ORCHESTRATION of Tom Kirkman. My fishing hat is off to you, Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: June 14, 2018 09:37AM

From everyone at American Tackle...... CONGRATS !!!!

Keep up the good work.

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: Steven Paris (---.dsl.louisacomm.net)
Date: June 14, 2018 11:37AM

Thanks Tom,
I do not post much anymore, but check in often and still build a few rods for family and friends.
Steve

Posted by: Richard Forhan (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 15, 2018 07:37PM

Real names combined with honest talent and selfless advice - a winning combination every time. Thanks to Tom and all who post here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster