I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Angelers Resource handle setup with winn grips
Posted by: Arthur J Moody (---.dsl.rtmc.net)
Date: May 13, 2018 01:47PM

I was looking through some old catalogs and love the picture in the center of the 2017 Anglers Resource catalog. I would like to build a spinning rod using a size 16 seat like the one in the photo using gold trim rings without a carbon tube and fore grip. I would prefer to use a one piece seat with the gold trim at the end. Is this possible and does anyone have suggestions for seats to use with the winn grips? Just don't want to use the two piece seat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Angelers Resource handle setup with winn grips
Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: May 13, 2018 04:20PM

give them a call an talk they love to talk about building rods

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Arthur J Moody (---.dsl.rtmc.net)
Date: May 13, 2018 06:38PM

Thanks Bill I will.

This for my wife's build. I've been looking for a reel seat that would fit and from the catalog the SK2 is the one. I'm sure Jim or someone there can tell exactly if and what will work to be sure.

She really likes the gold striped trim rings that they are using w the Winn Grips where in the catalog they are using the red trim.

Arthur Moody

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 13, 2018 08:50PM

The Fuji TVS reel seats are designed to be used with the Fuji SK2 spinning Winn Grips, along with the Perfect Fit hardware. The TVS seat does require an insert. You can use the Fuji carbon reel inserts, or a CFX reel seat insert, or make your own insert.
Norm

Posted by: Ernest Horvath (---.lightspeed.rlghnc.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 14, 2018 07:14AM

Arthur, you can use the sk2 split seat and put the carbon sleeve that fits the rear part of the seat and the thread barrel. I glue the barrel into the rear housing then install on the blank as one. Then measure 1.35in's up the tube and have it a little longer then build an arbor for the thread barrel and glue the thread barrel to the carbon fiber sleeve and the arbor. Leave 1.35in to 1.45in's between the two seat halves If you pm me later I will tell you which carbon sleeve fits the sk2 seat. It is a snug fit but it looks very good.

Posted by: Steven Corvin (---.lightspeed.brhmal.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 14, 2018 08:22AM

Norman, is there any casting reel seats that the SK2 Winn Grips fit? I am assuming the tenon is slightly different.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 14, 2018 10:27AM

Steven, I do not know of another casting reel seat that fit the Fuji SK2Winn casting grip. The tenon diameter on these is 19 mm and the inlet on most other casting reel seats is 23mm. The Winn SK2 casting grip is only 2.5” long and also has a very small overall diameter. So even if you cut the tenon off it is still too small in diameter to go with any other casting seat. They are just too small for me and I do not like them at all. The Fuji multipurpose Winn grip (WSG35) has a greater over diameter with a tenon diameter of 23 mm and thus will fit most casting reel seats. I am not a fan of the Winn SK2 grips, just to smal for me. For spinning I really like the Winn VSS 17 grip, as I have mention in previous posts. Fuji is the only company I know of that offers a VSS grip, I wish they came in some other colors.
Norm

Posted by: Ernest Horvath (---.lightspeed.rlghnc.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 14, 2018 11:43AM

Steven I use the WSG35 and turn down the front of the grip to accommodate the SK2 cast seat. It works very well.

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: May 14, 2018 11:45AM

The rear diameter of the TVS matches the ACS and ECS so the trim and WINN or cork grips will accept the reel seat trim ring and you can cover a KDPS with the correct Base ring, carbon sleeve and cap ring. So yes, you can build a fully trimmed out ECS/ACS with no need for an insert.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster