I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mudhole
Posted by: Tony Tomanek (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: April 12, 2018 08:26AM

I have had several items from Mudhole ordered that I am still waiting for—one item order is over a month old. Am I the only person having shipping issues? I have begun placing orders with other suppliers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mudhole
Posted by: David DeBruhl (170.7.248.---)
Date: April 12, 2018 08:50AM

You are not by yourself. Fuji guides are what I am waiting on. I finally ordered from the girls at the Rod Room and had it in 3 days. Shipping cost higher, but I got what I needed.

Posted by: Donald La Mar (---.lightspeed.lsvlky.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 12, 2018 08:59AM

Tony

Have you checked with Mudhole?

We had a problem beginning 4th quarter last year for USPS and USPS "last mile" deliveries where the USPS delivered mail, and especially packages, to the wrong addresses in our neighborhood. Got to the point it looked like a home owners association meeting each afternoon after mail was delivered. I now have expensive and time critical stuff sent to my P O Box.

Posted by: Bruce Phillips (---.sub-174-234-143.myvzw.com)
Date: April 12, 2018 09:08AM

I have had shipment issues as well, but it was because they did not have what i ordered in stock. I emailed them to find out what was the delay and they said they where out of stock on item.

Posted by: Douglas Warren (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: April 12, 2018 09:11AM

We have had theft issues in our neighborhood so tracking issue has been something I have come to rely on, the USPS package tracking feature leaves a lot to be desired and with shipping delays I get from them etc I really never know with any accuracy when something will arrive. I have a love hate relationship with Amazon but you cant beat their deliveries with Amazon Prime

Double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 09:12AM by Douglas Warren.

triple post, wow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 09:13AM by Douglas Warren.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 12, 2018 09:22AM

Good Morning Guys,
I sincerely apologize for the back orders. Unfortunately, Mud Hole, like any business relies on vendors to provide our inventory. We have no control over our vendors supply, when Fuji or any supplier runs out of a particular guide or part we cannot source it from another vendor as they are the sole source for that good. Plus, given that these goods are usually imported the lead times can often be several weeks /months before they are available to us again. We do our best to maintain a high level of inventory to meet our customers needs. When new products are added ( such as Fuji's new T2 guides) we have no historical data to base our reorder or stock levels, the same is true for Angler's Resource and often leads to a backorder situation we are faced with currently.

We appreciate the business sincerely, and we will continue to work closely with our vendors to make sure customer needs are met. Please feel free to email me directly: brook@mudhole.com if you would like to discuss in more detail, or if you would like to make arrangements for alternate guides.

Kind Regards,
Brook Oliva
VP Operations

Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 12, 2018 09:29AM

Brook, as a new builder here I have to say that your level of customer support is applaudable and truly appreciated, I wish such support would spread to other companies. I will be shopping with Mudhole when the need arises. Thank you

Date: April 12, 2018 10:30AM

Brook, Thanks for the quick response. I understand. I also appreciate the folks at Mudhole that I have emailed, they are very responsive to my needs. If I have a customer waiting for a rod I need to give them a different date for delivery. Spring has sprung here on Lake Erie and people are already on the lake fishing.

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: April 12, 2018 11:36AM

it is not only Mud hole but on Back orders , but my problem is that I E mail them an then don't replay to the E mail , one company the order is ordered on the 18 Mar 2018
an as of 12 April 2018 with a few E mails still no response to the E mails , did get one that said they are a small Co, an doing the best they could , it is a well known ROD maker
[ no name ] there is just no customer service from them,
Mud hole as far as I know they are one of the best out there ,

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: April 12, 2018 12:15PM

Brook,

When I order a few supplies, such as guides or a tip top for repair jobs, I wish Mudhole would not use UPS for the shipment. They pass off the shipment to USPS for final delivery and it ends up taking at least 2 additional days to arrive. Why not just ship with USPS initially on supplies, as it would arrive much sooner. I live in CA and I don't mind the usual 4 days of shipping time, but 10 to 12 days are frustrating.

By the way, I use Mudhole for 95% of my orders and appreciate the service I receive and the inventory Mudhole keeps available....just not the shipping methods being used of late.

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 12:17PM by Donald R Campbell.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 12, 2018 12:25PM

Hi Don,
Thanks for your feedback, part of our effort to lower our shipping rates required us enlist some alternate carrier options. Its obviously a delicate balance between costs and level of service, we work regularly with our service providers to optimize that balance. I've made a note to discuss this with our team about the transit time to the west coast and we'll continue our efforts to improve them. Thanks again for your feedback, and continued business.

Kind Regards,
Brook Oliva
VP Operations

Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 12, 2018 12:49PM

Fedex is also passing on to USPS, had it happen twice now in 3 weeks with different items

Posted by: herb canter (70.40.100.---)
Date: April 12, 2018 02:57PM

When i have ordered guides at Mudhole the one thing i appreciate is that if the guide is not in stock they tell you , it says they don't have it and it will take some time to come in . Some other outfits don't even do that , you order and when your package arrives it shows a backordered item which is really aggravating because you think the items are in stock.

The only problem i have with Mudhole is the time it takes for your order to get out the door where it's always longer than other outfits and when ordering one small item shipping is still expensive but other than that they're great.

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: April 12, 2018 04:49PM

Mud Hole Custom Tackle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Don,
> Thanks for your feedback, part of our effort to
> lower our shipping rates required us enlist some
> alternate carrier options. Its obviously a
> delicate balance between costs and level of
> service, we work regularly with our service
> providers to optimize that balance. I've made a
> note to discuss this with our team about the
> transit time to the west coast and we'll continue
> our efforts to improve them. Thanks again for
> your feedback, and continued business.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Brook Oliva
> VP Operations
>
> Web: [www.mudhole.com]
> Email: sales@mudhole.com
> Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)
>
> Stay Connected with us:
> FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
> Twitter: @mudholetackle
> YouTube: [www.youtube.com]

Brook,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I do not want to be "bashing" Mudhole in any way, as you are the premier vendor in my books. I do really appreciate your new shipping rates on orders over $99 and no oversize charges under 9'! That is outstanding.

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Date: April 12, 2018 05:08PM

Unbelievable! I never intended to create such a "storm" regarding my post. I have found Mudhole to be extremely responsive and helpful with my orders. I am embarrassed that I posted the question. My apologies. Thanks to Brook and the gang at Mudhole for helping me understand the process. Happy ending.

Posted by: herb canter (70.40.100.---)
Date: April 12, 2018 05:40PM

Tony Tomanek Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unbelievable! I never intended to create such a
> "storm" regarding my post. I have found Mudhole to
> be extremely responsive and helpful with my
> orders. I am embarrassed that I posted the
> question. My apologies. Thanks to Brook and the
> gang at Mudhole for helping me understand the
> process. Happy ending.

Why on earth would you apologize for all the universal praise Mudhole has received , i think they love the great feedback .

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: April 13, 2018 07:36PM

I think the problem originates upstream of Mudhole, had the same situation at this time last year from a nearby supplier.

Posted by: Fred Zimmermann (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: April 15, 2018 08:35AM

The biggest part of this problem is just about everything we buy is imported. Small suppliers of the Blank industry do not have the means to keep supplies overstocked so they don't run out. When they do run out, its them (and us) waiting on a slow boat from China (mostly). These big overseas manufactures do not care about you. They only care about selling the biggest order they can, and if you run out well, that is just too bad. I'm sure that there are many of us old enough to remember that when back in the day when many more things were made over here, this did not happen nearly as much. Manufactures that had close working relationships with suppliers would feed them "product" as they produced it that they were low on to get them by. Now, it has to travel so far it is not feasible for the manufactures (again, nor do they care) to feed suppliers a little to catch them up. Don't get me wrong, I am all for buying quality imported goods and some I prefer over USA made stuff, but today, finding anything made over here is now and amazing feat, almost to where we celebrate that we are actually making something! It's way out of hand, and we almost are now at the mercy of the world to supply us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2018 08:38AM by Fred Zimmermann.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster