I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

USPS shipping time ???
Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: April 09, 2018 12:02PM

I think it stinks when it takes 2 weeks to get a package once the supplier has given it to the USPS , some thing is wrong here , ???? I think

William Sidney
AK

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: USPS shipping time ???
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: April 09, 2018 12:12PM

Bill,
For most of the UPS shipping that I do, the package is generally delivered in less than 4 days.

But, I reread your post and I see that you mention USPS.

If I ship with USPS priority mail, the shipping time is generally 2-4 days, unless it is going to Canada. It seems that when I ship to Canada that the packages all go to the Canadian East Coast and then back to their destination. When shipping to Canada via USPS, I often figure 4-8 weeks.

If you use the US mail, and use their Priority mail, the shipping time is generally just a day or a few days anywhere in the USA.

But, if I ship to Winnipeg from MN - which is effectively just across the border, the package generally arrives in Winnipeg the next day. It is my understanding that UPS and FedEx each have their own deal with Customs and customs inspections that allow the prompt shipment of packages across the border.

Good luck

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (137.53.249.---)
Date: April 09, 2018 12:15PM

When I lived in AK I remember how long it took to get stuff, came off a barge, Alaska Airlines, or the ferry, 2 weeks wasn't nothing.

Posted by: Douglas Warren (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: April 09, 2018 12:18PM

I have been waiting on 2 packages coming by the usps for 9 days now, they were supposed to be delivered last Friday but I heard this am they are supposed to be here today. Crazy at what I paid for shipping

Date: April 09, 2018 12:28PM

this package is only going from the North West [ OR. / WA. ] going to Alaska very slow as I see it , an the post office sends me a note every day an says it will be delivered on time ???
some thing is not doing right here ,

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Robert Metzger (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 09, 2018 12:41PM

USPS from Utmost in Wash to NYC area 3 days usually sometimes 2. Fedex from me to Sage in Wash 12 days, time in Sage for new tip on
6 ft 3 pc spin blank about 4 hrs, return from Sage via Fedex another 10 days. If you want really poor service use Fedex.

Posted by: Douglas Warren (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: April 09, 2018 12:58PM

For over 30 years I have shipped things to and from AK annually, I never use USPS as I learned when I lived in Fairbanks in the early 80's it is terrible. It has always been worth it to me to use UPS to ensure timely and ensured delivery. I am using UPS in a couple weeks to ship some things to Wasilla, AK to be there when I arrive at the end of May for a hunting and fishing trip

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: April 09, 2018 01:12PM

Bill,

I have experienced the same thing as you. I have found that recently, (not to mention which one), a sponsor located in FL has been using UPS rather than Federal Express or USPS. What happens to me is UPS passes the package off to the USPS for final delivery. The problem with that is it takes at least 2 additional days before I receive the shipment. I live in CA ad orders from FL used to take only 4 days at the most. Now they are taking 7 to 8 days . I ordered a single guide for a rod repair on April 5th. I just received the UPS Notification that it was ready to be picked up for shipment on April 8th, (3 days), and I doubt I will receive the guide before the 14th or possible the 16th. That could take as much as 11 days to get the shipment since placing the order! If they would have just put the guide in a padded envelope and deposited it in the USPS I would have had in in 3 days. I suspect they are using UPS becuase UPS will pick up the shipment.

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Date: April 09, 2018 01:58PM

I found the problem the SUPPLIER [ JOBBER ] sent it GROUND I will not do business with that supplier again , not after paying a very high flat rate postage to start with .

William Sidney
AK

Date: April 09, 2018 04:42PM

I was wrong it will be here by Tue. they say only 7 days not as bad as I be lived at first not that bad THE USPS came throue

William Sidney
AK

Date: April 09, 2018 04:42PM

I was wrong it will be here by Tue. they say only 7 days, not as bad as I be lived at first , not that bad , THE USPS came threw after all my hard bad mouth

William Sidney
AK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2018 04:44PM by Bill Sidney.

Posted by: herb canter (70.40.97.---)
Date: April 09, 2018 06:11PM

Donald R Campbell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bill,
>
> I have experienced the same thing as you. I have
> found that recently, (not to mention which one), a
> sponsor located in FL has been using UPS rather
> than Federal Express or USPS. What happens to me
> is UPS passes the package off to the USPS for
> final delivery. The problem with that is it takes
> at least 2 additional days before I receive the
> shipment. I live in CA ad orders from FL used to
> take only 4 days at the most. Now they are taking
> 7 to 8 days . I ordered a single guide for a rod
> repair on April 5th. I just received the UPS
> Notification that it was ready to be picked up for
> shipment on April 8th, (3 days), and I doubt I
> will receive the guide before the 14th or possible
> the 16th. That could take as much as 11 days to
> get the shipment since placing the order! If they
> would have just put the guide in a padded envelope
> and deposited it in the USPS I would have had in
> in 3 days. I suspect they are using UPS becuase
> UPS will pick up the shipment.

Yup , some outfits are handing off their packages to USPS for final delivery and it does add to the wait time.

Posted by: David Parsons (---.s16300.c3-0.drf-ubr1.atw-drf.pa.cable.rcncustomer.com)
Date: April 09, 2018 07:11PM

I have shipped rod parts usps if it fits it ships mailed on Friday east coast arrived on Monday in Hawaii. cost less than $ 8.00

Posted by: Justin Carlson (---.64-179-164.knology.net)
Date: April 09, 2018 10:02PM

Donald R Campbell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bill,
>
> I have experienced the same thing as you. I have
> found that recently, (not to mention which one), a
> sponsor located in FL has been using UPS rather
> than Federal Express or USPS. What happens to me
> is UPS passes the package off to the USPS for
> final delivery. The problem with that is it takes
> at least 2 additional days before I receive the
> shipment. I live in CA ad orders from FL used to
> take only 4 days at the most. Now they are taking
> 7 to 8 days . I ordered a single guide for a rod
> repair on April 5th. I just received the UPS
> Notification that it was ready to be picked up for
> shipment on April 8th, (3 days), and I doubt I
> will receive the guide before the 14th or possible
> the 16th. That could take as much as 11 days to
> get the shipment since placing the order! If they
> would have just put the guide in a padded envelope
> and deposited it in the USPS I would have had in
> in 3 days. I suspect they are using UPS becuase
> UPS will pick up the shipment.

That's what happens to me, they always transfer my order to the USPS and it takes longer to get. One time it sat in Kansas City for two days and another time it sat in Sioux Falls 20 min away from my house for two days. When they say 4 to 7 days for delivery its always seven days.

Date: April 10, 2018 02:39AM

I was wrong it wont be here till WED now they say, don't let you items get shipped GROUND not to Alaska , it will take 2 weeks to get from the supplier,
[ NORTH WEST USA] pay the extra postage or don't order , my nerves are not what they are use to be , go to the large suppliers, not the small ones a lesson learned ,
they are up front on how they ship ,

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Bruce Phillips (---.sub-174-234-136.myvzw.com)
Date: April 10, 2018 10:03AM

I have a package sitting at USPS facility 40 miles up the road and it's been there since Monday and im not suppose to get it till Thursday and i paid for shipping.

Date: April 10, 2018 10:33AM

If it was sent "" GROUND''' an not first class it can happen, like the package that was sent to me , they don't move very fast on ground shipments , when it is shipped, the shipper cut's
the cost as much as they can ,that way it saves a nickle or 2 . into there pocket, an don't care very much about there customer, in my cast the shipper charges a flat , cost,
one blank or 20 blanks same cost to ship them

William Sidney
AK

Date: April 10, 2018 10:33AM

If it was sent "" GROUND''' an not first class it can happen, like the package that was sent to me , they don't move very fast on ground shipments , when it is shipped, the shipper cut's
the cost as much as they can ,that way it saves a nickle or 2 . into there pocket, an don't care very much about there customer, in my cast the shipper charges a flat , cost,
one blank or 20 blanks same cost to ship them

William Sidney
AK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster