I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

MHX Elite-x
Posted by: Steven Corvin (---.lightspeed.brhmal.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 02:27PM

MHX has a new blank in the Mud Hole catalog but I have not been able to find it on the website. Anyone ordered one of these yet and how do you like them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MHX Elite-x
Posted by: John Allgood (216.74.247.---)
Date: March 09, 2018 03:49PM

Curious about the same blanks. As he said, in the catalog but not on the website.

Posted by: Robert Tanner (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 09, 2018 05:43PM

The blanks are not in yet ........

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.clv.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 10, 2018 04:15AM

So is this a step above the MHX pro?

Posted by: Steven Corvin (---.lightspeed.brhmal.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 11, 2018 10:02PM

Any idea when they will be available?

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2018 02:11PM

Hi

The Elite-X models should arrive end of May. The Elite series will comprise of two models: Elite-X and Elite-Pro.

The Elite-X incorporates Mitsubishi Rayon 12K High Modulus Fiber of 57 million modulus featuring the tensile strength of over 360 Ksi. The Elite-Pro blanks utilize 50 million modulus Toray fiber, also with an exceptionally high tensile strength. Both also utilize an advanced nano resin system that works to prevent the compression and impact failures.

Thanks - we'll let everyone know when the Elite-X models arrive!

Here is a link to the Elite-Pro models now available:
[www.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Robert Dittert III (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 15, 2018 09:32AM

Do these new blanks take the place of the MHX HM Gen 2 blanks?

Didn't see the HM Gen 2 blanks listed in the new catalog. What happens if I have an issue with one of my MHX HM Gen 2 blanks now, as it seems they are no longer available? Thanks.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 15, 2018 10:46AM

Robert, no they are in between the regular and high modulus blanks. The high modulus blanks are still available. [www.mudhole.com]
Norm

Date: March 15, 2018 03:59PM

Norman Miller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Robert, no they are in between the regular and
> high modulus blanks. The high modulus blanks are
> still available.
> [www.mudhole.com]
> mhx-rod-building-blanks/MHX-Freshwater-Rod-Blanks/
> MHX-High-Modulus
> Norm

Thanks Norm. The HM blanks are not listed in Mudhole's new catalog.

I have a couple of rods I have built on the HM Gen 2 blank and was wondering if one of these rods has an issue down the road, what happens to the lifetime warranty?

Date: March 16, 2018 12:01AM

There are a number of things not listed in the paper catalog. The online catalog is what you need to go by.
Norm

Date: March 16, 2018 01:22PM

Called Mudhole yesterday, and was told the HM Gen 2 blanks are still in stock. Depending on which model blank. But they are being fazed out and the new Elite blanks are taking the place of the HM Gen 2 blanks. Was told that if I were to have a problem with one of the HM Gen 2 blanks I've built, and they no longer have the HM Gen 2 clanks in stock, they would replace with a comparable Elite blank.

Just what I was told by a guy at Mudhole. FYI

Date: March 16, 2018 08:28PM

Wow! I guess they did not sell a lot of them, eventhough they were sold a great price for a high quality blank! They also discontinued some other blanks that I used quite often, I guess I was the only one buying them!
Norm

Posted by: Kevin Earls (---.dhcp.leds.al.charter.com)
Date: March 20, 2018 04:54PM

Is it just me, or do the weights listed in the paper catalog seem ridiculously light? According to the charts, the majority of the blanks are HALF AN OUNCE? Is this right?

Also, i am not sure how to interpret the butt diameters listed.

Posted by: Del Guile (---.oswego.edu)
Date: March 22, 2018 06:33PM

I believe that the catalog has flip flopped the diameter and weight columns. If you reverse those two columns it makes much more sense and it makes the butt diameters and weights of the blanks somewhat comparable to the MHX High Mod Gen2 blanks. Generally speaking the Elite X line appears to be slightly lighter but some models are slightly larger in tip diameter than the HM Gen2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster