I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Weave came out reversed image?
Posted by: Mark Schuman (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: March 03, 2018 10:05PM

Ok, I'm scratching my head about this. It's my first attempt at a picture weave, and I worked from a grid I printed on the picture, not a left list. The image was reversed when done. Accurate in form, but backwards. I used a foam jig for 60 threads, wrapped oncoming thread from left to right. I also read the cells left to right. So the question is, what did I do wrong? Is it a matter of reading the cells the other way, right to left? Is there a right or left to the foam jigs?.any help will be appreciated. It was a practice weave, but I want to get it right on the real thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weave came out reversed image?
Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---.lightspeed.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 04, 2018 07:59AM

Where did you attain the foam jigs?

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2018 12:18PM

I which direction was the rod tip? If it was to the left, when you finished, the image would be reversed or upside down on the rod. And yes there is a right and left to the jigs. So here comes the hard part, if you reversed them and the number one thread was at the bottom as you looked at the jigs on the rod instead of at the top. You would have to reverse the turn of your wrapping thread to keep the sequence going from 1 to 2 to 3 etc. That would flip your image from top to bottom (or right to left) as you look at it on the rod.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2018 12:26PM by Jim Upton.

Posted by: Mark Schuman (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: March 04, 2018 01:18PM

Jeffrey, the jig was one from mudhole.
Jim, thank you! That was very helpful! After you mentioned a right and left to the jigs it made sense. My jigs were backwards. The #1 cell on the left of the image was actually coming last on the oncoming wrap instead of first. Reversing the jigs would have put thread #1 on top coming under the oncoming wrap first.
As it was, the last # cell, corresponding to #32 thread was first under the wrap.
Lol! Talk about mind boggling! Thanks ever so much. Now for the real thing!
Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster