I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Custom Power wrapper parts or manual
Posted by: Logan Wolfe (107.77.97.---)
Date: November 02, 2017 12:40AM

Good evening ladies and gents,

First time posting on the forum but I must say I have learned a lot from you guys. I’ve searched the forums as well as the internet and haven’t been able to find parts or manuals for an older Custom Power Wrapper. I was just given an older model and would like to restore it to an up and running machine. I’ve found the belts on Anglers Workshop but I’m not sure if those belts will fit the older models.
Thanks in advance,
Logan Wolfe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Custom Power wrapper parts or manual
Posted by: Paul Darby (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: November 02, 2017 11:01AM

I use an older custom power wrap everyday and buy my drive belts, 'O' rings at the Ace hardware for about a buck a throw. Nice part is also have a line winder that uses the same belt, so I keep several on hand all the time .

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2017 06:10PM

Logan,
What is working and what is not working?
What do you need to bring it up to snuff?

Take care

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2017 06:31PM

My CPW didn't have a manual, the hardware is from a TAIG mini lathe.

Posted by: Mike Bradford (142.0.215.---)
Date: November 02, 2017 06:48PM

I have an older CPW. I don't think it came with a manual. I bought it from Anglers Workshop before they moved. The last catalog I got from them still showed that they sell parts and accessories for these wrappers. I have been down and out since August. Our house got flooded along with 21 other houses in the neighborhood. I didn't get the foot controller moved up out of the water before the flood. I need to replace the foot controller. I would like to be able to have the ability to run the wrapper both forward and backward. Any idea of how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Bradfrod
R.M.B. Fishing Rods
Nampa, Idaho

Posted by: Logan Wolfe (98.250.233.---)
Date: November 03, 2017 12:01AM

Roger,
The belts are both broken and the chuck is a lathe style but has corroded pretty badly. I am going to try and clean it up but I may have to replace the chuck. I also need the thread carriage.

Date: November 03, 2017 12:18AM

All the thread carriages from CPW, Pac Bay, Batson, and AmTack should all fit.

Date: November 03, 2017 12:18AM

All the thread carriages from CPW, Pac Bay, Batson, and AmTack should all fit.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2017 12:05PM

Mike,
If you want to run your wrapper in both directions, I suggest the use of a low voltage DC motor, speed controller module, DC power supply and appropriate foot pedal.

If you would like more details, just drop me an e-mail

hflier@comcast.net

Roger Wilson

Posted by: Mike Bradford (142.0.215.---)
Date: November 03, 2017 05:40PM

[www.anglersworkshop.com]

Mike Bradfrod
R.M.B. Fishing Rods
Nampa, Idaho

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster