I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RBO Anniversary
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 12, 2017 10:36AM

Sixteen years ago this month, this site debuted. In that time to the present we have:

Over eleven thousand registered users (11,315)

Nearly 1/2 million posts (468,857 - average of 80 per day)

Over eighteen thousand custom rod photos (18,419 - photo page debuted two years after this one)

Held an average of forty paying sponsors per year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RBO Anniversary
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 12, 2017 12:15PM

CONGRATULATIONS on birthing a valuable and creative site ! has been a real help to all of us, in many ways.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: June 12, 2017 12:26PM

Hello Tom.

Congratulations on number 16, as always the site is THE place to learn and teach about rod building without a bunch of Bull Stuff (of the bad kind) being thrown about.

Good Work, Good Luck, & Many More To Come.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2017 01:11PM by Robert A. Guist.

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: June 12, 2017 12:42PM

Tom,

I check the Site every morning. I have learned so many new ways to "skin the cat". Thank you for your contribution to the rod building community!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Robert Metzger (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 12, 2017 05:06PM

By maintaining high standards combined with much hard work you have built
a great site and super expo. Thanks for your efforts, Bob

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 13, 2017 05:07AM

Thanks Tom, Kudos to you Sir!!

Posted by: David Boyle (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 15, 2017 02:40AM

Congratulations Tom,

I'm proud to have been a sponsor for much of that time and had the pleasure of meeting you in person at several of your expos. The amount of information and opinions expressed here has been immense and the manner in which you have maintained and administered this forum is a credit to you. It is through this board that I have made many, many friends and acquaintances, learned a lot and been able to publicise my products.

With modern technology it is so easy to take the availability of information for granted. It wasn't always like this. Thank you for providing a place that has helped so many and stood the test of time, to the benefit of rod builders.

Best Regards
Dave Boyle
VisualWRAP/VisualWEAVE

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.triad.rr.com)
Date: June 15, 2017 04:33PM

Well done!

Posted by: Ken Brown 2 (---.115.230.21.res-cmts.mtp2.ptd.net)
Date: June 20, 2017 01:28PM

Thats awesome Tom! This site has been a wealth of information on my rod building journey. Thanks for creating the site!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster