I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Cork Grip Shape Resources
Posted by: MichaelC (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: June 29, 2001 10:27AM

Hi all,

I'm looking for any online cork grip shape resources with sizing information to turn a half wells/cigar handle, using a down-locking reel seat.
I'd like to copy a Winston or preferably Dickerson shape as shown on the rod on the front cover painting of the 'One Man And His Rods ' book.

[www.finerods.com]

Failing that, if anyone has a Dickerson or formed a similar shape, would they care to mic the rings for me and post here?

Thanks in advance,

MichaelC

Re: Cork Grip Shape Resources
Posted by: Bob Petti (32.97.110.---)
Date: June 29, 2001 10:39AM

It might be worth shooting an email to Michael Sinclair, a real master of rod restoration. I can't remember if he has detailed grips shapes in his book or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did, or if he didn't, has them tucked away somewhere.

Check it out

[www.caneclinic.com]

Bob

Re: Cork Grip Shape Resources
Posted by: MichaelC (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: June 29, 2001 10:46AM

Thanks Bob!

But I already have Michael Sinclairs 'Restoration' book and there are no drawings in there that are suitable. I would've liked to get the Dickerson book, but as you are probably aware it is out of print at the moment.

Perhaps I will drop him a line.

Regards,

MichaelC

I may have some
Posted by: Mick T. (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 29, 2001 01:29PM

Years ago I sent off to one of the cork suppliers for some information and got a package back that had all sorts of diagrams and schematics for cork fly grips. I am not sure if any of them match what you are after but if they do I will be glad to send you whatever I have. Email me with your snail mail address and I will get them off to you.

Re: I may have some
Posted by: Jeff (---.lnh.md.webcache.rcn.net)
Date: July 02, 2001 05:29AM

The book "Start to Finish Fly Rod Building" Ryan Seiders and Dan Smith has 5 full size on a grid examples of fly rod handles. It should be available from Flex Coat in Driftwood Texas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster