I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Get Bit's service is outstanding
Posted by: Frank McKinney (---.sub-70-196-20.myvzw.com)
Date: March 17, 2016 08:37PM

It is nice to know when you get in a bind for some parts that you can place your order at night over the internet and send an email to Kevin and he gets your parts overnighted for you the next morning, then he follows up with a text the next day telling me my order had shipped already and I should get it the next day. Service you just can't find anywhere. Kevin and the crew are great people to deal with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Get Bit's service is outstanding
Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2016 08:48PM

I guess it depends on what components you ordered. I'm still patiently waiting on some BKTAG guides I ordered 1/23/16....got the rest of my order just fine.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 17, 2016 09:44PM

You are lucky Me not so much But they are getting busy cause of the warm weather Maybe the next order will be better

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Eugene Moore (---.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com)
Date: March 17, 2016 10:04PM

I've had very good luck in all my dealings with Kevin and the Get Bit crew.
He even interrupted hunting in a tree stand to take my call for an order. That's service above the call of duty.
If one of his vendor's fall short that can be a different story. He can only relay what he's been told and shouldn't be expected to lift up their short-comings. He doesn't commit manufacturing schedules from his suppliers and that's becoming more of an issue for all of us and our suppliers.

Posted by: Travis Thompson (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2016 11:25PM

Im still waiting on parts here

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2016 09:01AM

call them it worked for me

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Jared Taylor (---.cityofanderson.com)
Date: March 18, 2016 09:15AM

Jerry, I would try giving them a call. I know that with the BKTAG guides they were waiting on a few sizes from their supplier. (I was on hold for some as well). Just give them a call, they are very receptive to phone calls and work hard to straighten out any problems I've had (which have been very few). Good luck!

Posted by: Travis Thompson (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2016 09:26AM

It drives me crazy when internet businesses don't set up their sites to count inventory. That way as a buyer I know before even clicking add to cart that there are none in stock. We would very quickly learn that most of the online stores have very little inventory compared to what is offered on their site. Its not hard to manage inventory in and out on the site.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.adr02.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 18, 2016 11:05AM

I agree it is a reasonable request to know the stock situation for on-line purchasing before ordering. GBO is revising their inventory system, and I'll be it is to accomplish this feature. They have always been very responsive to me. Once I was disappointed in the quality of a supposedly deluxe cork fly grip and Jacob went through his stock to find a better one and sent it right away.

To expect a source to always have everything they sell in stock, in my opinion, is unreasonable. Consider what their inventory would be if they did stock everything. Then along comes a new product and the demand for much of their stock disappears. Not an easy situation to handle.

When complaints are voiced about companies that I know are basically operating well and are customer responsive, as GBO is, I always suggest to the commenters that there appears to be a business opportunity here. Just start your own competing company and do it better.

I think that in general we in the rodbuilding business/hobby, have a great bunch of companies supporting us.

Posted by: Roger Pascual (---.statefarm.com)
Date: March 18, 2016 01:52PM

Getbit DOES have awesome service. It seems Kevin forwards the business phone to his cellphone afterhours. They do always seem to be backordered on BKTAG guides though. Nevertheless, service is great and the staff is always professional...

Posted by: Frank McKinney (---.sub-70-196-5.myvzw.com)
Date: March 18, 2016 02:52PM

I haved called Kevin & Jacob on the weekends and after hours and left measages and they have interupted their quality time with their families to return my calls to help me when I needed something. I have also have had Get Bit call me when they did not have an item in stock.

When anyone places an order on their site they can check on 1. hold order till all items are ready to ship. 2. send what they have in stock and ship the rest when it comes in 3. Call if any items are back ordered. They have always gave me a call when I checked the box, call if any items are back ordered. They also have always gave me the option to have my items drop shipped direct from their supplier, but it would cost me more in shipping, But they have always offered that option to me.

Try and call some of the other suppliers that sell parts after hours see if you can get a returned call the same night or get parts ordered for you on the week end. I have only had 1 other person go out of there way to help me in that way and it was Don Morse with ATC he helped me find 8 sets of micro wave eyes late one night from one of AMT's suppliers.

If more of the supply companies were more passionate about their costomer service as Get Bit and Don Morse with ATM, people would be letting it be know more, not only on this site but others sites as well.

We as builder are very fortunate to have guys like Kevin, Jacob & Don to help us when we need it.

Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2016 07:06PM

Was notified they shipped my BKTAGs today!

Posted by: Frank Summers (---.dhcp.rvsd.ca.charter.com)
Date: March 19, 2016 11:15AM

Always have had outstanding service from Kevin and crew. They are my first choice because of this.

Posted by: Jay Burns (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2016 11:08AM

Great service too, but it would be nice to know inventory levels before ordering, only to get your shipment and then determine its back ordered.. But hey they are stand up guys and always help and answer questions.. They are my main supplier and love to do business with them...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster