I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Expo lighting
Posted by: Robert Moody (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2016 12:43PM

This is the first time at the Benton convention center and I don't know about everyone else but when I entered the Expo I felt as if I wee entering a cave with the lighting the way it as, not very bright. I am used to th highpoint expo which was laid out better imho. Tom , please go back to highpoint next year if posssible, much better venue.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Expo lighting
Posted by: Ken Bonneau (---.cst.lightpath.net)
Date: February 26, 2016 01:22PM

Tom answered you 4 days ago regarding a move back to Highpoint. What's your underlying agenda here?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 26, 2016 04:35PM

It wasn't that dark, just not as bright as I'd like it to be and I let that be known to the convention center operators. The dark carpet soaked up some of the light and not all the fixtures were working, but it was far from a cave. Others said they liked the "subdued" lighting as it made the hall feel more luxurious.

Look at the photos - this is exactly what it looked like.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

There is no place in High Point to host the Expo now. The situation in Winston-Salem is infinitely better with multiple hotels, restaurants parking and more. It's a no brainer. Remember, you haven't been to the Expo in 5 years - it might be another 5 before you'll attend again.

Posted by: Ed Sabatini (---.zalmos.net)
Date: February 26, 2016 08:14PM

I will give Mr. Moody the benefit of the doubt but have to wonder. Yes the light was a little lower than last year in the lower hall with the white walls and floor but it was a far sight from a "cave." It just seems that every year somebody wants to rag on what is arguably the only large scale rod building event in the world. Many have tried to duplicate it and they have all failed big time. Maybe I'm not being critical enough but when I can see all this stuff and learn from these seminars, eat free food and drink, converse with builders from all over the world and just have a fantastic time in general at this level of quality and all for $10 I can't see nitpicking minor things. I didn't win a door prize this year at the RM Reception, but did win one many years ago in Charlotte. Let's go back to Charlotte...

Seriously, it's time for the detractors to get over it. The Expo is the real deal and after 14 years has proved it over and over and over again.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: February 27, 2016 09:59AM

This was not the first time at the Benton Convention Center. It was the 4th time. High Point was a good location. WinstonSalem has proven to be an even better one.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2016 03:28PM

I also believe Mr. Moody should receive the benefit of the doubt considering our solar calculator wouldn't work inside the building.

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 01, 2016 05:08PM

Todd

Guess ya got to get a battery one -- LOL

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: woody osborne (---.dhcp.spbg.sc.charter.com)
Date: March 02, 2016 11:21AM

bill boettcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Todd
>
> Guess ya got to get a battery one --

LOL

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: March 03, 2016 10:32AM

Solar devices rarely work inside of most buildings. Solar means Sunlight. It's an outdoor thing.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 03, 2016 03:11PM

Tom,
I suppose that is why Mathematicians are always sitting on park benches.

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2016 04:47PM by Todd R. Vivian.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 03, 2016 05:34PM

I would guess there were none of them at the show ?? LOL

I can see that a lot of suppliers are going to bring there own lighting to the next show

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2016 05:36PM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Robert Moody (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2016 09:54PM

No underlying agenda here but when I bought some things from thr mudhole , he had a hard time reading the account #'s on my card that's all. otherwie a great show as always.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster