I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Mudhole's New Website
Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 05, 2015 09:10PM

Bob McKamey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gary -- There is a blue border area on the home
> page that has - Brands - listed. When you choose
> to go under the heading , Brands, St. Croix and
> all of the brands we carry will come up. Then
> when you choose St. Croix, there will be links for
> all of their various offerings, by SCV, SCIV,
> SCIII, etc.

Thanks for that info Bob. That makes it pretty easy to view the rods. I would think that if you know what action and power the rods has, along with the line and lure weight which it shows on that page that it should get you in the ball park. I can see where if just searching that info gets you to the right blank or blanks. If someone needs to know the tip and butt size it should only be a couple of choices then Of course there is always the option to go to any manufactures website to get the full layout. Bottom line I think the option you showed us works really good and, I for one didn't realize that was on there. Once we all get some stick time on the new site things will be good. I like it a lot better than the old one

Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tony Humphrey (---.gt.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2015 10:03PM

Browsing blanks is torture! I actually closed the website, opened up a catalog, and grabbed a pencil/notepad.
Tony

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 05, 2015 11:36PM

It would be nice if it were formatted like this simple and easy for our customers as well as us to compare blanks. And it used to be this way, [www.getbitoutdoors.com] the new format is not user frendly way to busy with page flipping and all, [www.mudhole.com] Jaa

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 06, 2015 12:07AM

I absolutely agree with Jay! I really miss having blanks of a given brand listed in a tabulated form. IMO this is the simplest and easiest way to look at and compare blanks. Hopefully mudhole will find away to give us the option of looking at blanks via a table format.

Posted by: Gregg Zambrovitz (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2015 10:14AM

Hi Everyone

Thanks again for the continued feedback. The rod blanks are obviously causing the most pain right now for some folks, and we are working on bringing a table view option back to the website and hope to have an update in the near future.

I was wondering if you all knew of the list view? It is not as condensed as a table view - but might be easier for some to compare blanks. Here is a link to an example - to choose the List view on each page - it is the first icon to the right of the Sort By drop down (below description but above products).

[www.mudhole.com]

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 06, 2015 11:56AM

As I go though the blanks it is nice to be able to list blanks buy size lure weight etc Cuts the list down to only what your looking for Not bad LOL

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 06, 2015 11:56AM

Gregg see what you are talking about, but does not do any thing for me. I have to turn my tablet sideways to see that they are lined up by three's, but still need to scroll forever (it seems) to get through everything. Need a table format to simplify the blanks section.
Norm

Posted by: Brook Oliva (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2015 01:12PM

Norman and Jay,
What specifically are you looking to compare when looking at the table formats?

Kind Regards,

Brook Oliva
Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc.
brook@mudhole.com
(866)-790-RODS

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 06, 2015 01:30PM

Brook
I would think that in addition to length, action and power, line class and lure weights most want to see the diameter of the butt and tip along with the blank's weight.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 01:32PM by Tom Wewerka.

Date: November 06, 2015 01:49PM

CC numbers would be nice

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Brook Oliva (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2015 01:55PM

Tom,
I agree with that, which is why those are all included as facet options to help isolate products that meet the criteria being searched. For instance, the SCIV St. Croix page referenced earlier has over 100 products in it when first clicked. By choosing the Facet "Length" then selecting "7'" for instance only 10 blanks are displayed (http://www.mudhole.com/brands/r-s/st-croix-rod-blanks/SCIV-Series/length/7%27). A much more manageable list of items, I could then choose to see only size 4 & 5 tip sizes (http://www.mudhole.com/brands/r-s/st-croix-rod-blanks/SCIV-Series/length/7%27/tube-size/4.0-%28~1.6mm%29,5.0-%28~2.0mm%29) bringing my available options down to 7. The whole idea behind implementing the faceted search feature is to be able to compare products beyond what could be seen in the traditional table format, that being said we are continuing to work on functionality and improve the over all user experience on the site. As Gregg has mentioned, the feed back is great a great help. Thanks to all taking the time!

Kind Regards,

Brook Oliva
Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc.
brook@mudhole.com
(866)-790-RODS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 02:01PM by Brook Oliva.

Posted by: Jason Cosby (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: November 06, 2015 05:04PM

Brook,

It's getting better. The search engine still needs tweaking, and I've seen some weights and other technical stats that are a stretch to believe. I'm still hung up on the categorization of blanks. A page listing all blanks you carry would be good, then one could filter down to get a manageable number. Again, when we click on blanks we have to choose freshwater, saltwater, or wherever we think MH may have categorized them. We all know that blanks don't fit into nice little cubbies like that, so some method of bypassing the "intended use" would be very helpful. Or, even better, make the intended use categories another filter on an "all blanks" page for those who find it beneficial.

Date: November 07, 2015 11:26AM

On the Wishlist the EDIT button does not seem to work ?? Can not edit a product had to delete it and replace
The thread picture of the pro wrap thread metallic is not large enough Needs to be larger to have a better picture to match another thread to the colors - or - the same as the old site pictures of the thread

O yea - how do I delete a wishlist

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: chris newkirk (205.204.248.---)
Date: November 07, 2015 09:39PM

Not a fan of the new site design. Lost my shopping cart that had a bunch of items so I had to take quite a bit of time to find them again. I think it was much easier to navigate the old site and I don't like the layout of blank pages. I use a lot of MHX Blanks and I could scroll through the old style list MUCH quicker to find what I needed.

Posted by: matthew allen (---.lightspeed.nsvltn.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 08, 2015 10:42PM

I have to agree with everyone about searching for blanks it is much more cumbersome and time consuming than the old chart style display. One option I think would be nice for searching for blanks would be under the sort bar to have an option to search the length of the blank in order. For example length shortest to longest, I think this would make it a little similar the older chart style layout since the charts were in this order. The way it is set up now for example if I choose freshwater, MHX, then crankbait, it gives 72 options that I have to scroll through them in no sort of order making it hard to compare several blanks in the same length with different actions. I do realize there is a length option under the narrow by option but this still does not put them in an exact order. It would be much easier to scroll from top to bottom of the page by length you could easily see what action is offered in a certain length for a particular style of blank in order from shortest to longest. That is just my two cents hopes this helps you guys I know your doing your best to make the webpage meet everyone's needs.

Posted by: matthew allen (---.lightspeed.nsvltn.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 08, 2015 10:42PM

I have to agree with everyone about searching for blanks it is much more cumbersome and time consuming than the old chart style display. One option I think would be nice for searching for blanks would be under the sort bar to have an option to search the length of the blank in order. For example length shortest to longest, I think this would make it a little similar the older chart style layout since the charts were in this order. The way it is set up now for example if I choose freshwater, MHX, then crankbait, it gives 72 options that I have to scroll through them in no sort of order making it hard to compare several blanks in the same length with different actions. I do realize there is a length option under the narrow by option but this still does not put them in an exact order. It would be much easier to scroll from top to bottom of the page by length you could easily see what action is offered in a certain length for a particular style of blank in order from shortest to longest. That is just my two cents hopes this helps you guys I know your doing your best to make the webpage meet everyone's needs.

Date: November 09, 2015 08:02AM

Not defending the site But You can filter it more as to what lure weight how long give it something
If I was building a rod I would ask most the same and more

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Michael Danek (192.183.51.---)
Date: November 11, 2015 10:16AM

I just used the blank selector and found it very efficient for what I was looking for. I was looking for a 6 foot spinning blank, light power, fast action, and was interested in a few price points. Piece of cake to sort on it for this kind of a search. After sorting for these parameters it then was easy to view by brand. I found it much better than searching the old site. Maybe I never learned the old site for this function.

Posted by: Tim J Kelly (---.as43234.net)
Date: November 19, 2015 06:15AM

What a pain in the backside the new website is! If you know what you want it's like pulling teeth finding it. Try finding a set of microwave spinning guides on there, it's defeated me!

Posted by: mike quinn (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2015 09:21PM

Type "Microwave" only in search box. Fifth row down. Try anything that makes sense and you will only see a picture of it. Anything new always takes time to work out the kinks. If my memory is correct when Baston changed their catalog. Everyone screamed "the sky is falling" until they were able to finally adjust it to how they invisioned it.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster