I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Mudhole's New Website
Posted by: Gregg Zambrovitz (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2015 01:13PM

Hi Bill

We do not have the saved shopping cart as exactly before, but there are 2 things to use:

1. If you have a prior order that you want to purchase again, you can go to Your Account > Orders > Order History where you can View and Order past orders, or even parts of an order> Keep in mind if your account is experiencing an issue viewing past orders - this will be fixed in a few days.

2. You can also use wishlists to shop for different projects or for different customers. To access wishlists go to Your Account > Wishlists. You can even share the Wishlist with others/customers by viewing all your wishlists - then choose the Email/Share button to the right of the list.

When you want to purchase your Wishlist, you can choose to either move the entire Wishlist into your shopping cart - or just portions.

To add products to your wishlist as you browse products, there is an Add To My Wishlists button on every product page just under the Add To Cart button.

We thought this would be a nice feature where rod builders could build lists for each custom or project, then order them when the customer gives the go ahead.

Hope this answers your question.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 29, 2015 04:38PM

Thanks for the info The wish list sounds like it will be Almost the same I always have to call up and add some thing to my list the day of packing

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Capt. Michael Harmon (107.77.76.---)
Date: October 29, 2015 04:41PM

I hear ya bill. That is a nice feature. I liked setting up the cart and waiting a day in so to see if I forgot anything or needed more products. MH

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 29, 2015 08:48PM

bill boettcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No more Saved Shopping Cart ?? I loved that Could
> not find it You were the only one that had it

Bill I liked the saved cart too but not the way they had it set up. If you were making up a list of supplies and wanted to save them for a future order you put them in the saved cart. However your cart online was still up there and if you had seventy two items in it you had to go back and delete every one to clear your cart. Just to be able to order something else you needed. Now when you are putting items in the cart you will see three options. Edit Remove and "Save for later." If you click save for later it is basically putting it in a saved cart and the best news is that it is removed from your current cart. A big plus in my book and much easier.

Tom

Posted by: Cameron Johnson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2015 10:14PM

I have to say that I do not like it at all. Trying to find a blank now seems much more cumbersome. I would love to have the old grid style layout for blanks back. Finding components took my longer now than it used to, but I suppose that is from just not being accustomed to the new style. I like that it is quicker now, but so far has been a headache navigating for me. I appreciate that the company is working to make things better in function, Im just not sure this was the way to go.

Date: October 30, 2015 07:56AM

Tom
After have a cart saved and if I added some more items I would save the new cart with a new name and then go to Saved Carts and delete the old cart

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Don Baker (138.230.250.---)
Date: October 30, 2015 02:08PM

Don't like it. Finding blanks is a pain.

Posted by: Don Baker (138.230.250.---)
Date: October 30, 2015 02:08PM

Don't like it. Finding blanks is a pain.

Date: October 30, 2015 02:34PM

I don't know how fast you will have all the products specks up Just for instance the shrink tube for handles has the OD but not how long it is There is probably a lot more products without full descriptions ????

Maybe you should have left good enough alone

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Don Lukehart (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2015 08:42PM

What happened to the guide spacing chart, the CCS ratings and the winding check size for your MHX blanks??

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2015 11:59PM

I'm not surprised by the responses dealing with finding a rod blank.

I suppose I can understand the need to display each blank individually in order to facilitate a filtered search feature, but the filtered search itself needs some tweaking.

IMO, the logical and much more user friendly way the search should function would be to have a "go" button on it that the user would click after each parameter of the filtered search has been selected.

For instance, let me select manufacturer (s) blank length (s) blank power, blank action, and so on, then let me click go, instead of the way it is now, where I have to wait for the site to go through each filter parameter separately.

I don't want to make it sound as if I don't appreciate the work involved to upgrade the web site. With the number of items Mud Hole carries, it was definitely a major undertaking. And, based on my personal dealings with Mud Hole as well as the responses I've seen from their employees on this web site, I know they'll be tweaking the site to make it more efficient for its users. They're going to make it better.

A personal thank you to who ever is responsible for finally putting the MHX Elite Pro blanks on the web site. Thanks to you I'll be placing an order very soon.

Date: October 31, 2015 08:56AM

I just read a new post and usually go to mudholes site to take a look at what is around ????

Just looking for a Fuji Tip Top was and IS a Pain

Seems the more I use your NEW SITE THE MORE I DON"T LIKE IT Not user friendly

Go back to the old site Easer to use

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 31, 2015 12:21PM

I noticed when you find a blank you are interested in buying (or comparing) and look at the details for that blank no information is given concerning butt diameter or tip size. This something that definitively needs to be fixed! I still like looking at charts it is so much easier to compare blanks from a given manufacturer. Been playing around with the website for the past few days and it still seems more complex cumbersome than it needs to be to find certain items; blanks and guides are prime examples of this.

Date: October 31, 2015 04:24PM

Since we are the ones buying why did you not at least give us a heads up that you were going to be changing and maybe a preview
I never new it was changing Just went to it and BAM there it was

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Mike Rodman (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: October 31, 2015 06:00PM

In the past I've been involved in a few web upgrades. We generally took the approach of having a small number of longtime loyal clients/customers have access to the "site" prior to releasing it to the general public. In the case of Mudhole, the amount and variety of product would have made that cumbersome. Possibly having some feedback prior to release of a few customers would have given good insight. In the end, it is their site, their business.

Some good points have been brought up and I'm certain will be implemented, and some have been more resistant to change. In time, this will settle down and it will be business as usual for everyone, imo.

bill boettcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since we are the ones buying why did you not at
> least give us a heads up that you were going to be
> changing and maybe a preview
> I never new it was changing Just went to it and
> BAM there it was

Date: October 31, 2015 06:23PM

In time, this will settle down and it will be business as usual for everyone, imo.
It was not broke Why fix it Yea i guess we will just get used to it - Or go elsewhere

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Mike zurlo (---.sub-97-44-193.myvzw.com)
Date: November 01, 2015 12:22AM

I'm not a fan, I build only a few rods at a time so being able to have all of the information on one page, as opposed to having to click blank by blank really made ordering and deciding what to purchase a lot more cumbersome.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2015 12:32AM

Norman, when you find a blank you're interested in and click on its heading, you'll notice three tabs ... details, specifications, and ratings and reviews. The blank dimension information you mentioned as missing, is under the specifications heading.

Like you, I'd prefer to look at the chart format for the very reasons you cited, but the blank dimensions are there. You just have to go through an added step to view them.

I believe as Mike does, and that is that Mud Hole will take some of the suggestions they've received here and from other sources, and implement those changes thereby making the site not only more logical, but much more user friendly.

Date: November 01, 2015 09:38AM

On your Guides Listings you need a listing for Heavy duty Boat Guides Don't see it

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 01, 2015 10:45AM

David, thanks I just over looked that tab! Just saw discription went down to read and lost sight of the other tabs. I like you feel that this tread is is important to mudhole for improving their website. They are having things pointed out to them they never thought of during development. I am confident they will improve the website, in part, via the comments listed here.
Norm

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster