I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Product catalog sent with RM issue???
Posted by: Buzz Butters (205.213.216.---)
Date: October 26, 2015 10:57AM

I must admit that when i got my latest issue of RM and saw the Anglers Resource product catalog included I thought "great, more advertising" I read the entire catalog and am reading it again. The amount of detailed rod building information, from guide ring material descriptions, to new concept theory, to KR concepts, and Back Stop rings for reel seats (finally!) to the new TVS spin reel seats (again finally!) and more. This is more of a rod building reference guide then just a product catalog. Thank you Angler's Resource and RM for sending it along.
Buzz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Product catalog sent with RM issue???
Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: October 26, 2015 02:43PM

THANKS Buzz! Most here don't realize that I owned and operated an ad agency that specialized in hunting and fishing products for 16 years before coming to Anglers Resource so catalog work is pretty familiar to me. It is written, photographed, designed and prepped for press all from our offices. It takes literally hundreds of hours to pull it all together and it is VERY nice to hear when someone appreciates the effort.

Prior to the agency work I owned a lure manufacturing company on the east coast and held a number of design and utility patents for lures as well as the machinery to build them. That experience has given me the expertise to be "tip of the spear" on many of our new product development efforts, including POINT Blank, the design of the new WINN Grip selection and the soon-to-be-available Perfect Fit hardware selection that we hope will give Matagi a run for his money.

Helping develop the products gives me a total understanding of what makes them tick and that knowledge makes them much easier to write about. Of course, none of it would matter much if I didn't build rods, fish A LOT and have the "ear" of the Fuji engineers. Hope I'm not tooting my own horn here but I think it's important for our customers to know that we don't have some agency expert in skinny jeans in downtown Atlanta getting paid for "marketing hype" about our stuff. It's all coming from hands-on experience in Lower Alabama!

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 26, 2015 05:10PM

Jim - Because of your regular and helpful input into this forum, I was curious as to who you were. So awhile back I did a search and found your online LinkedIn profile and I have to say you have a very impressive resume. Angler Resources is very fortunate to have you as thier spokesman. It has become evident that you take your job very seriously and believe in your your products. The AR product catalog is further proof of this. Thank you!
Norm

Posted by: Joseph Renfroe (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2015 10:40PM

I just received my first issue of Rod builder and did not get your catalog are they still available?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 26, 2015 10:57PM

If you subscribed after the original mailing (October 1st), then your copy went out by first class and would not include the catalog or other item.

The catalog mailing was only for the main mailing that took place on October 1st. Certainly AR has more and most likely will send you upon request.

Date: October 27, 2015 09:59AM

Joseph, send your mailing address to info@anglersresource.net. We'll get one in the mail right away.
Thanks Norm!

Posted by: Michael Danek (192.183.51.---)
Date: October 27, 2015 02:23PM

Very nice catalog, Jim, much appreciated. Please check the AR e-mail for a couple messages I sent to you at that address. thanks

Date: October 28, 2015 09:26AM

Michael, I have no recent emails from you. info@anglersresource.net should come to my mailbox. Please try again.

Posted by: Michael Danek (192.183.51.---)
Date: October 30, 2015 05:25PM

Will do, Jim.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster