I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RodMaker #2
Posted by: Jack Tener (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 13, 2015 11:45AM

I see my previous post got deleted, no big deal as you don't like negative posts. Just to let you know Tom, I'm still waiting for the latest issue. You said some get it earlier and some get it later. Well I would think that May 13th should be later enough, and still nothing. You mentioned before that if my not renewing was to upset you it failed. That was never my intention to upset you as you really don't seem to care about losing subscribers and that's a shame for someone running a business. I know you'll delete this post like my last one and probably ban me from this site. But like you I don't care. I think it's say when a site such as this only wants to hear positive posts and can't deal with the negative ones even if they're legitimate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2015 12:42PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RodMaker #2
Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: May 13, 2015 12:08PM

For what it's worth, I received mine today.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 13, 2015 12:31PM

Hello Jack.

I think Tom said that yours was mailed out, so if you are having a hissyfit go down to the Post Office and ask them what they did with your magazine (the carrier is probably reading it or has lost it).

Grow some stones and cry to someone else (or either call or direct E-Mail Tom), if you are this dissatisfied you should pick up your toy's and go home and Please Stay There.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2015 12:44PM

Your original post was not deleted so your foot is a good bit in your mouth. Nor has this one been deleted, but the advertising has been edited.

The very few people who have magazines lost or damaged by the postal service will generally just email me and say so. They don't have any problem in obtaining a replacement.

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.mycingular.net)
Date: May 13, 2015 12:59PM

Mine arrived yesterday so all is not lost and the world as we see it didn't end.

Posted by: Steve Hartzell (---.cnrocmta01.conrtx.tl.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: May 13, 2015 12:59PM

Mine arrived yesterday

Steve Hartzell
Lake Conroe - Willis, Texas

Posted by: Bryan Halsell (45.55.224.---)
Date: May 13, 2015 01:00PM

In nine years I have never had one go missing although I am sure it happens. My latest issue arrived this past Friday. About the usual timeframe for my location.

Date: May 13, 2015 01:06PM

No one ever has a problem getting a replacement if a magazine has been lost or damaged. It's as easy as emailing me. When you see someone do what Mr. Tener has done, twice now, whether it's aimed at me or one of the sponsors, there is almost always an ulterior motive going on behind the scenes. Otherwise, the individual would have made direct contact and quickly resolved the matter. Public forums seem to be the vehicle of choice for many if they wish to berate or put the "bad word" on someone. It's poor conduct and not at all conducive to getting the best results.

And generally, yes I would remove the post if it were made in this manner concerning a sponsor. But since the post was aimed at me I left it, and the original, in place.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: May 13, 2015 01:13PM

I don't know. If I had a magazine I thought was late I would just E-mail or call the publisher and ask when I should expect it or what did I need to do to get a replacement. Going direct on a public forum and making a stink about it in front of everbody as the first course of action seems counterproductive to me. Or maybe he did contact Tom first and did not get results? Don't want to assume anything that may not be but using a public forum to badmouth or threaten the publisher as the first course of action seems a bit out of line. Probably something else going on here.

Date: May 13, 2015 02:35PM

No, he did not contact me directly.

We don't need to rehash this as happened with his original post. The RodMaker Magazine publishing and mailing record is above reproach. As I have said before, the very few people that have had magazines go missing or damaged have always managed to get their copies replaced, at no charge nor hassle to them. This guy has posted here and on some Facebook pages about this, but the one thing he didn't do, and has still not done, is email me. Why not?

His shilling for a non sponsor in his post above unveiled his actual intent and explains why he didn't bother to just email me and ask when his magazine might be due or if he could get a replacement. As such his motive was exposed. This was never about him getting a copy of RodMaker or not. This topic is now closed.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster