I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Constrictor Reel Seat System
Posted by: carol staiculescu (---.residential.rdsnet.ro)
Date: February 15, 2015 12:05PM

I’ve called it “Constrictor reel seat “ but it is in fact an entire new system consisting from reel seat, grips and arbours (not in all cases – usually some graphite arbors are required on very thin and fragile blanks to prevent damaging them or in small diameter ones to give enough support to the reel foot and prevent damaging the blank).
It’s meant to fill a gap in spinning rod grip comfort and I view it like an open source project and an alternative to the market in what regards reel seats and grips. Being an open source project your are welcomed to improve it and share the improvements for free with the rest of us so that we are all able to enjoy a better fishing tool and have a more pleasant time on the water .
[www.youtube.com]

kingofbeasts custom rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Constrictor Reel Seat System
Posted by: Craig Johnson1 (---.up.net)
Date: February 15, 2015 07:39PM

Carol,

Very clever and innovative! Thank you for sharing! Now I have to figure out how you did it.

Regards,

Craig

Posted by: Chad Barlongo (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2015 11:31PM

Looks very comfortable, thanks for sharing.

Date: February 16, 2015 03:42AM

I Will do another video as a step by step tutorial and share it with you here (English is not my native language so in images it's easier to explain it to you guys) . Hopefully in a week it will be done . Until then, I can give you a hint : 1. The reel foot support (built directly on the rod blank or as an arbor) cannot be round in shape 2. All the pieces(arbor, hood,grip) must fit perfectly which each other living no gaps between them (it's a kind of a zero tolerance system in which gaps or empty spaces are weak points )

kingofbeasts custom rods

Posted by: Curtis Ellison (---.dhcp.mrqt.mi.charter.com)
Date: February 16, 2015 11:53AM

Thanks for this. I had been curious about it ever since you posted the first picture.

Curtis

Date: February 16, 2015 01:12PM

Thank you all for your interest. Please be advised that the information I am about to share with you here are for personal domestic use only (by those who enjoy building their own rods) and not for commercial purposes. If someone is interested in selling the system or mass produce it, should contact me first.

kingofbeasts custom rods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 03:00PM by carol staiculescu.

Date: February 17, 2015 06:24PM

I have managed to finish the "how to" video which you can now find on youtube here : [www.youtube.com]
It is not the best filming or editing job but it should do . Anyway, if you have questions feel free to ask . Thank you for your patience.

kingofbeasts custom rods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 06:28PM by carol staiculescu.

Date: February 17, 2015 06:24PM

If you like it try it for your self , and remember that there is room for improvements so feel free to make them .

kingofbeasts custom rods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 06:27PM by carol staiculescu.

Posted by: Eric MONTACLAIR (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: February 18, 2015 12:56AM

Tanks for sharing.

Posted by: jon tobey (---.customer.broadstripe.net)
Date: February 19, 2015 01:31PM

Brilliant design.

Date: February 20, 2015 11:56AM

Thank you all for your appreciation. In the following video you'll see a demonstration on how the look of a rod handle can be changed in less then 3 minutes.
[www.youtube.com]

kingofbeasts custom rods

Posted by: jon tobey (---.customer.broadstripe.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 12:20PM

Was thinking about this in the wee hours. That would look pretty freaking cool on a fly rod.

Posted by: Laszlo Czinege (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: April 13, 2015 03:47PM

Hey there,

Love this idea. I tried several times to access this video, but I'm locked out. Tried to log i n to youtube, but still no joy.
What am I missing?

Posted by: carol staiculescu (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: April 13, 2015 04:06PM

Try this link : [www.youtube.com]

kingofbeasts custom rods

Posted by: Laszlo Czinege (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: April 13, 2015 04:22PM

many thanks!

Posted by: carol staiculescu (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: April 13, 2015 04:24PM

You're Welcome ;)

kingofbeasts custom rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster