I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rodbuilding Gathering in High Point?
Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 27, 2014 01:11AM

Hello All.

I talked to Tom at the ICRBE about a gathering at his place and he said it was fine with him to use his shop for the gathering, so I am checking to see if there is any interest in having a gathering.
If enough people want to make a gathering we can put one together.
My E-Mail is robert.guist@hotmail.com
We need some ideas on seminars and general @#$%& sessions, Lunch, and a Date, if we get enough people together I will look into getting some Sponsors to maybe have someone come down for a seminar or maybe some door prizes.

Any interest?

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rodbuilding Gathering in High Point?
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 27, 2014 07:46AM

It's fine with me. The trouble is that we've just had the ICRBE so most any rod builder in at least this immediate area has already had their fill, maybe many, many times over. So don't be disappointed if you don't get much response.

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2014 10:44AM

Count me in!

I am new to rod building so getting to know folks locally that can give advice in person can't be beat. Maybe seminars that go over some of the techniques that are in Rodmaker magazines after we receive them would be great. I am looking forward to reading the next issue about integrated carbon and Tennessee grips. The last issue with the crinkled foil technique has given me an idea of making a foam core handle that looks like a stingsilver lure with the foil hiding the thread wrap of an attached plate reel seat on the bottom.

Dave,

Welcome,NC

Date: March 27, 2014 08:07PM

Hello Tom & David.

Tom, I was not thinking of immediately, I was thinking sometime in late April or early May, before the fishing gets Really Good.
Do you think that would be a good time?
All suggestions are open to discussion.

David, what else are you interested in learning?
What Dates and Times do you like?
What about Lunch?
Have you got any rods built that you would like to show?

Anybody else?

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: March 28, 2014 10:04AM

My wife's baby shower is May 3 at our house from 3-6 in the afternoon so that day would be ideal !!

But really any weekend or Wednesday early May works great for me and Lunch.

Interested in learning about tiger wraps, marbling and cord grip techniques.

I have an old UL fiberglass rod that I refinished with PG and wrapped new guides for my wife's cousin's little boy that shows what happens when the rod pops out of the chuck before the epoxy fully sets and getting too busy to check it. Luckily it did not sag the finish too much so it was a good learning lesson for me to buy a better chuck and check often while drying.

Date: March 28, 2014 12:44PM

Hello David.

Thanks for the input, all things will be considered and I will post the accumulation and get everyone to vote on the things that need to be voted on, and inform of the things that don't need to be voted on.

Thanks Again and keep them rolling in I have 4 others on E-Mail, the more the merrier.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Barry Westmoreland (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2014 11:30PM

Would love to be there. Not a far drive from Germanton. Just let me know when and where.

Date: April 01, 2014 11:51PM

Hello Barry.

Great, a few more and we can start making solid plans.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster