I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Question for sponsors about shipping
Posted by: Mihalyfalvi Gabriel (78.96.148.---)
Date: March 06, 2014 07:47AM

I want to know if there is someone from the sponsors of this board, who think is possible to use the plain USPS shipping method and not the FedEx in the case of an order bigger then 100$ ..because from who I was buying until now ( also sponsor here) don't want(can't) help me in this problem. I was trying hard to stay in the 100$ limit to not excceed the 30$ USPS shipping tax, but now I'm growing and in this moment I need some components and Torzite guide sets for 3 rods..no way to order them with a shipping tax like 100$+ (FeDex) way too much for me.

Im from Romania.

So im looking for a long term colaboration with someone who can help me in this problem.

Also,my question is for everybody who maybe can give me any tip .

My email is : ulkustom@yahoo.co.uk

Thank You

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 08:13AM by Mihalyfalvi Gabriel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question for sponsors about shipping
Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2014 10:51AM

So you were fine with paying 25% shipping charge from orders $120 to $200 and even higher % charge for under $120 orders with the $30 international shipping charge minimum.

I am guessing components and Torzite guides for 3 rods will be well over $400 which $100 for FedEx would be 25% of shipping cost at $400 and would be less % over that amount.

International shipping insurance which covers it being lost, stolen and damaged is a lot for that dollar amount too. My guess is the insurance of over $200 is an issue or nonexistent with USPS.

My advice is get some local rod builders in on a group buy to help split the shipping cost if possible.

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.ontariopowergeneration.com)
Date: March 06, 2014 11:25AM

I don't see the problem here. You are either running a business where the cost of the shipping is part of the cost of the rod or you want the high end guides for yourself. If they are for yourself then either buy cheaper guides or accept the fact that they are expensive.
Do you not have any relatives in the USA that may be willing to accept the order from your dealer, repackage it and send it to you. If the mail losses your 400 dollar order then you are out the money.

Just my thoughts.

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.102.204.190.res-cmts.t132.ptd.net)
Date: March 06, 2014 02:52PM

On Tues, morning Mick Batson posted about a cork closeout at Utmost Enterprises. I ordered a reel seat and 5 pieces of cork that afternoon. My order was in my mailbox at 10a.m. this morning, less than 48 hr.s later. My total for the order was $19.68 shipping included. My charge for shipping was $2.68. This is what I call service! I live 2900 miles from Utmost Ent. and my hat's off to them. I think this shows what is possible in regards to shipping charges. Thanks Utmost!

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaiiantel.net)
Date: March 06, 2014 04:30PM

I can not address shipping to Romania using USPS. However, unless there have been recent changes, USPS tracking does not exist in China. After sending a parcel to China and their not receiving it after 4 weeks, I sent a second parcel using UPS. The UPS parcel was received in 4 days. About 3 days later the USPS parcel was received.

Don Becker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster