I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RodMaker suscription notice
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: November 04, 2001 09:45AM

Starting immediately, Canadian subscriptions to RodMaker will no longer be available thru RodMaker. Instead, Rich Garbowski of Richard's Rod & Reel will be offering them direct to Canadian rod builders. This will reduce my workload, cut the price of Canadian subscriptions and hopefully speed up delivery for our Canadian friends. Please use the link for Rich's Rod & Reel to inquire about Canadian RodMaker subscriptions from this point forward.

Next up - the issue of lifetime subscriptions. I keep getting requests to offer a lifetime subscription price. Frankly, I don't know how to do that. The future of RodMaker is not in doubt and it will be around for a long, long time. I just don't know how to set up a price for such a thing that wouldn't burn either you or the magazine, at some point in the future.

So, the best I can do is go beyond our regular 2-year deal and set up a 3-year subscription price. Let's say $69.95 for 3-years plus I'll throw in a RodMaker hat AND a RodMaker coffee mug. That saves you $5 off the regular subscription price for the same time period ($38 off the regular cover price) and you get the hat and mug which is a combined $24 value. So that's 18 issues of the magazine plus the hat and mug for $69.95.

The web site is not set up to take this 3-year deal, so just put the number "3" after your last name and I will bill and ship accordingly. You can also mail a check to our PO address. Use the RodMaker link on the left side of the page to reach us either way. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RodMaker suscription notice
Posted by: Mark (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 04, 2001 05:04PM

I'd offer you $200 for a lifetime subscription. How about it? You'd be ahead unless I live for more than another 8 years!!

Seriously, check's in the mail for the 3 year deal.

Re: RodMaker Canadian Subscriptions
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: November 04, 2001 07:40PM

I feel priveleged to be in an arrangement to distribute RodMaker magazines to subscribers in Canada.

First as a plug to Rod Builder's residing in Canada, you'll find no other publication for custom rodbuilders with up to date information about the techniques and interests in rod building. This is simply the world's best periodical with extremely well written content by knowledgeable craftsmen. Each issue never ceases to amaze about what can be learned about aspects of rodbuilding with easy to understand format and well thought out illustrations. The mid section photography will show various craftsmen's beautiful work close up and in color. From editorials to friendly advice, to product reviews, and as mentioned the articles are second to none in the field of custom rodbuilding concisely written by today's leading authorities on rodbuilding and rod repair.

Six issues per year will come directly to you from a friendly and convenient Canadian source and you pay in Canadian funds, usually will get the issue sooner than you previously could and at slighltly less cost, and that is one reason we are available to help expedite and make it easier for fellow Canadian Rod Builders to receive the read of choice.

See and read what the rave is all about in Custom Rod Building. We are proud to bring this service direct to Canada through the courtesy of Tom Kirkman and staff at RodMaker, and we welcome you to join the common interests we share through this great magazine.

Please contact Richard's Rod Reel directly at email info@rodreel.com and we'll direct you on how to receive your yearly subscription.

Also, if you would just like a trial issue we also will make that available to you for a limited time at $7.00 Canadian plus shipping and handling. This is less than the current rate which is $6 U.S. per issue (approx. $9.50 Canadian dollar value).See for yourself the benefits of reading the best bimonthly magazine for custom rodbuilders on the planet.

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel
Devlin, Ontario, Canada
phone/fax (807) 486-0514

email: info@rodreel.com

Count me in
Posted by: Mike B. (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 05, 2001 05:20PM

My check is in the mail.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster