I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Power wrapper motor with reverse and remote
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2013 04:50PM

[www.amazon.com]

I made this for a client a few months ago and uploaded the video to my cloud drive.

This unit uses a 0-30 volt dc gear motor, head stock and 0-30 volt variable voltage power supply with foot and hand control and reverse on a cord.

Be safe

Roger

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Power wrapper motor with reverse and remote
Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2013 08:04PM

Roger, I like it!! Send me an e-mail to talk about pricing. Can it be set to run as the finish cures? I didn't have my hearing aids in. rjruwe2@comcast.net

Posted by: chris short (149.135.147.---)
Date: August 06, 2013 09:49PM

Could u email me info about parts etc if possible looking at building a wrapper
Thanks

Posted by: Bill Falconer (---.dhcp.unas.al.charter.com)
Date: August 06, 2013 09:58PM

Roger -

That is a very interesting set up. I sent you an email...thanks!

Bill

Posted by: Ron Hossack (---.spkn.qwest.net)
Date: August 11, 2013 12:20AM

Took awhile to download the file but happy I did. Very Nice!

I have a piece of Lignum Vitae laying around here that just might make a nice pillar block for the shaft

Posted by: Chester Kiekhafer (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: August 13, 2013 08:26AM

Email sent

Chester

May your line be tight and your beverages be cold!

Posted by: John E Powell (168.169.226.---)
Date: August 29, 2013 11:14AM

I believe this is the unit Roger built for me. If it is, Roger and I discussed my wishes through some 20+ e-mails. I wanted a wrapper / finish application specific power source for a semi-custom large-bore headstock to build my dream wrapper. The large-bore headstock allow me to pass handle material and reel seats through the headstock so I can grip a rod on the front grip if I want to.

I put this all together on a set of steel ways and built some custom rod supports and mounted the entire set to a sliding bed system. I sit in one spot, everything at hand including flat screen TV/monitor and computer keyboard/mouse for access to my various rodbuilding software and or viewing pleasure and slide the entire apparatus including the rod I'm working on past me instead of moving myself and all the gear up or down the rod. If you never worked this way, you really have no idea what your missing.

The only drawback to my wrapper is it takes a lot of real estate; you basically need between twice the length of your longest rod and wrapper bed length to move it fully left to right (less with a large-bore headstock).

Working with Roger on this was a very satisfying experience, and I cannot thank him enough for all his effort to make my ultimate wrapper dream a reality.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster