I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thread color prowrap-gudebrod
Posted by: Brandon Gay (---.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: July 08, 2012 09:54PM

Is there a chart that shows which Prowrap colors match up with Gudebrod colors. My monitor doesn't show color well. I am specifically looking for Gudebrod rust and goldenrod colors in Prowrap . These fancy color names drive me crazy. I was recently at Home Depot buying paint for my daughters room and there must be hundreds of names for pink.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thread color prowrap-gudebrod
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 08, 2012 11:55PM

Both lines have their own color charts, don't know of one that matches them.

Posted by: Greg LaPolla (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: July 09, 2012 12:56AM

older Anglers workshop catalogs had Gudebrod numbers in the Prowrap color chart.

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: July 09, 2012 02:07AM

I did have some of the Gudebrod thread and checked it againt Prowrap colors.

These were the best/closest matches I could make:

Gudebrod Golden Rod 209 and Prowrap Taxi Cab 119
Gudebrod Rust 257 and Prowrap Copper 740

Don

Don Becker

Posted by: Brandon Gay (---.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: July 09, 2012 09:33AM

Greg, I feel like an idiot. I do so much online shopping I didn't even think about looking at that stack of catalogs sitting under my work bench.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 03, 2012 12:37AM

Guys if you look at the Prowrap color chart online or in their catalog under their colors is a small code which is a close match to the gudebrod thread. I just checked the Prowrap Taxi Cab and under it was the code G209 which I believe means Gudebrod 209 and it is their version of the Golden Rod. I have used these codes to match some repair work and the colors look the same to me.

Tom Wewrka

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster