I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

MHX White Blanks Have Arrived!
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.sub-166-248-64.myvzw.com)
Date: August 31, 2011 09:12AM

The wait is over. You've spoken and the MHX Team listened. The new MHX White blanks are now available. Our most popular models, are now available in an elegant white finish. But this is no ordinary paint job. This is a high-gloss UV-resistant automotive finish that will never yellow.

The following models are available in white:
MB843
MB844
MB874 (coming soon)
SJ842
SJ843
SB812
DS822
CB905 (coming soon)

Order one today at:
[www.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 10:24AM by Mud Hole Custom Tackle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MHX White Blanks Have Arrived!
Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.122.31.71.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: August 31, 2011 10:58AM

That's great news. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

My first one came in today and this blank is super white. Not a blemish in the paint anywhere, smooth as a baby. I've got big plans that involve a new Shimano Chronarch, a bone on bone Super Spook and a trout with a mouth shaped like a 5 gallon bucket.

This is my first but won't be the last.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 08:37PM by matthew jacobs.

Posted by: Patrick Lloyd (165.129.4.---)
Date: August 31, 2011 12:18PM

Will larger surf blanks ever be availble? I'd like to some 10 or 12 footers in the future. IN WHITE..............

Patrick Lloyd
Pearland, TX
Have been repairing and building rods off and on since 2001

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 31, 2011 05:10PM

Do you guys -- Paint --- blanks

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: michael schnoor (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: August 31, 2011 05:55PM

Just ordered one! I plan on doing a skeleton reel seat setup and doing silver black marbling near the split grips..Can't wait to see how it will turn out!

Posted by: Steven Franatovich (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: August 31, 2011 06:20PM

What is the weight difference with the paint?

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.35.186.173.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: August 31, 2011 08:38PM

Steven Franatovich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is the weight difference with the paint?

Steven,
I didn't put it on the scale but I can't feel any difference between the white blank and the original. If there is a difference, it is very, very little.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 31, 2011 09:13PM

The only way to find it is to weigh a white one, then scrape the paint off and weigh it again. No two blanks, even of the same model will weight exactly the same.

The other, perhaps better way to find out, is to have someone at Mud Hole weigh 5 of the white models, then weigh 5 of the natural finish models, and average the results. That would giv you some idea.

Painting a blank certainly does make a difference in weight and corresponding performance, but unless you're talking about a fairly light blank, it may not be enough to worry over.

Posted by: John Gaylord (---.lightspeed.clmboh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 01, 2011 06:23PM

Please consider a pink 5wt, 4 pc fly blank for Casting for Recovery. There are many active chapters of this fine organization across the country. They promote breast cancer recovery by teaching fly fishing to the ladies. I've built several on the Elkhorn pink blank.

Posted by: Rusty Byrley (---.houston-06rh16rt-07rh15rt.tx.dial-access.att.net)
Date: September 02, 2011 04:56PM

I've painted many blanks with Valspar automotive base coat clear coat and the only weight difference might be a few grams. No one will ever be able to tell the difference. I've done the marbeling with House of Kolor Marbeling on many handles and entire rods and have even used their nuetralizer with many other colors and no one can tell the weight difference. Its insignificant. I'm anxious to try the white blank myself to see how it comprairs to the Veritas, which is a great feeling rod and great to fish with.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster