I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

FL Gators Thread Color...?
Posted by: Jeff Davis (---.jax.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 30, 2010 10:24AM

I'm wanting to build a couple of Florida Gators rods and am wondering what color of blue and orange I need. I can get the numbers for Gudebrod, but can't get the thread... :(
If you know of a good brand like Fishhawk or so and know the numbers, I'd appreciate it. I don't have a dealer close and have to pretty much guess with pictures on the net as to what will match.
Thanks,
Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FL Gators Thread Color...?
Posted by: Lane Pelissier (---.sub-174-253-118.myvzw.com)
Date: November 30, 2010 11:08AM

Purple and gold should work just fine. Lol.

Lane

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 30, 2010 11:18AM

[shop.gatorzone.com]

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Scott D parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: November 30, 2010 11:22AM

Jeff,
If you know the Gudebrod no. Please email them to me. Our Numbers for Fishhawk are basically the same as GudeBrod so we might we have a match for you. Thanks
Scott Parsons

Scott Parsons
919-900-8998
[www.roddancer.com]
[www.fishhawkthreads.com]

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 30, 2010 06:31PM

Anyone looking for a University colors should first go to the University web site (Google) and find their official logo information. It will give the specific color codes (usually PMS) and how they are to be used. From the PMS numbers you should be able to ascertain the matching colored threads from the suppliers on the right.

Posted by: Rich Gorden (---.gnv.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 30, 2010 06:41PM

Jeff,
Go Gators! I've done quite a few rods with Gator colors. I've used the Gudebrod: 221 Orange, 246 Dk. Blue (or 245 Blue). I ordered the NCP Royal Blue thinking it would work, but it's too light of a shade. Lately I generally use Madiera thread, they've got several shades of orange and blue, maybe you can find the exact shade as Phil mentions above. The best match I've found is: 1678 Orange and 1842 Blue, but 1934 Blue is close to Royal as well. I also used 1802 White and 1800 Black on the photo of the rod I just posted on the photo page. Hope that helps.

Posted by: Jeff Davis (---.jax.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 30, 2010 07:05PM

PHIL.....
Do you have something to match the Gudebrod: 221 Orange and 245 Blue?
you can email me at: jake401@bellsouth.net
Thnaks everyone,
Jeff

Posted by: Charles Lechner (---.bankofamerica.com)
Date: December 01, 2010 01:25AM

I like using the Gudebrod metallic HT 9245 blue as well. I have used the Fish Hawk 221 and felt is was a bit light unless I painted the blank first. But with painting the blank first it looked nice. And the Fish Hawk 246 looks real good for the blue.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2010 10:10AM

In the ProWrap threads the following threads will work:

Nylon
RNS-(size)-213 Orange
RNS-(size)-449 Blue

Metallic
MS-(size)-9480 Blue
[www.mudhole.com]

On top of that we have the College Decals for the Gators and most major college teams
[www.mudhole.com]

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster