I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Update
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: June 25, 2001 09:37AM

I am shocked at the quick growth of this board. Surely it is now one of the largest, and hopefully most helpful, resources for rod builders on the internet. And this, after less than two weeks!

With increased usage, however, have come some minor problems. In the past 3 days my moderators have removed 2 posts and had to edit another. I suppose that is not too bad, but I would prefer that we never have to remove or edit any posts. Adherence to the rules and general civility should provide the best guideline as far as what is appropriate and what is not.

First, the sponsors you see on the left hand side of this page have paid a fee to be listed there. That is where the necessary revenue is generated in order to provide this board for the rod building craft. In return, they are allowed to advertise their products. Most of them spend more time offering helpful advice, based on their years of experience, than they do advertising. This is good - it provides the rod builders with information that they cannot get elsewhere.

However, advertising by individuals or companies who are not sponsors is not allowed and will be promptly removed. I hope it is obvious that any person simply wishing to steer someone in the direction of a needed item or source of information is free to list the name of a supplier or source and provide contact information. That is within the purpose of this board. But those who operate for profit and wish to directly advertise their product or business must contribute the sponsor fee in order to do so. Thus far everyone has done a remarkable job of walking what I realize is a bit of a fine line.

The final item I wish to address regards any posts that are inflammatory or insulting to individuals or suppliers, whether they are active here on this board or not. It will not be allowed. Sometimes these posts are actually well meaning and serve to get a point across. Sometimes they are thinly veiled attempts to aggravate or needle others. Most times I prefer to believe the offending party actually meant no harm and simply failed to consider how the wording may appear to others. In either case, if it appears that they will stir up trouble, they will be edited or removed.

The biggest problem with an open forum like this one concerns basic human nature. Here in the U.S as well as in many other Nations we have gotten used to being able to speak our minds no matter who we offend. It is good to have that right, but unfortunately it does not apply to this message board. I find myself in the awkward position of trying to weed out what I deem harmful to others without stemming the flow of good, helpful information. I will do the best I can and attempt to be fair to all.

So far so good. I appreciate your support and the way everyone has used this board so far. Scroll down the board and look at the amount of information that has been shared, quite freely, thus far. It is my intent to keep the nature and civility of this board as it has been for these past two weeks.

Tom Kirkman

Re: Update
Posted by: Bob Petti (---.ny.us.ibm.com)
Date: June 25, 2001 10:27AM

Tom,

Where can vendors or other interested parties find out about becoming a board sponsor?

Bob

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: June 25, 2001 10:32AM

If you wil email me at www.rodmakermagazine.com I will give you the details.

Posted by: Pete (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 25, 2001 12:04PM

You are surely on the right track and as long as you keep this thing centered on rod building all will be well. I don't envy your job though!

Posted by: Brian R. (---.sherman-oaks-05-10rs16rt.ca.dial-access.att.ne)
Date: June 25, 2001 09:25PM

You're a class act guy. Sometimes your gut tells you what will work, you go for it and it flys, and it's the greatest feeling in the world.

Congradulations on your latest venture; it seems like another winner.

Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster