I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for reelseat.....
Posted by: Ulua_Buster (---.singnet.com.sg)
Date: October 07, 2001 11:16AM

Does anyone know of manufacturers of rod building surplus who makes aluminium or alloy reel seats that resembles Fuji's DPS series?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for reelseat.....
Posted by: Jim (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 08, 2001 08:43PM

I think you will be amazed at how strong the Fuji seats are. I commonly use them on heavy-duty spinning rods for bottom fishing clients of the NC coast. These guys are hanging warsaw grouper of over 150 lbs easily and fishing 40 to 50 lb line. Never had a reel seat problem as of yet. In fact you can use the standard FPSD Fuji and it will hold up to an unbelieveable amount of strain and still hang tough.

Unless you're making an offshore trolling rod I see no need for an aluminum or metal type reel seat. And in that case, the regular AFTCO or similar from Pac Bay or AMTAK is the design I think the Fuji DPS came from to start with.

Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: October 08, 2001 10:32PM

Ulua,
Might also consider saltwater alum. reel seats from Forecast components. Very good quality and a very good price.
Also the graphite reel seats come in at most reasonable pricing and high quality. Check these out.

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel

Posted by: Kerry (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 09, 2001 10:14PM

I sure like the large Fuji Graphite reel seats. fishing with 9 rods that I made for use down off San Filipe for a week, I noticed the ones where I had Aluminum reel seats by another manufacturer that I had electroluses (sp) pits on the seat where the screws for the reel clamps came in contact with the seat, but on the graphite obviously none. These seats are on my Sturgeon rods where I have caught (and released) 9 foot plus, 250lb plus fish. never a problem. never freeze up always look the same as the day they were installed.

good fishing
Kerry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster