I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

shark rod pages gone???
Posted by: darren (---.Melbourne.netspace.net.au)
Date: September 29, 2001 09:40AM

I had a look at a build your own shark rod that some one had put on here. It was really good now its gone. Why is this. I thought this was a rod building forum for rod builders and new rod builders, how are we meant to learn anything if all the really good stuff gets taken off , for what reason I am still not sure. upset to say the least !!!!!!!!!

Please read
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: September 29, 2001 10:55AM

Darren,

You will just have to be upset. The gentleman who posted decided that he needed to use profanity to promote his site. That is not allowed by the rules above. Thus, his post was removed. (I have thus far received 24 emails thanking me for removing his post.)

Rodbuilding.org is by far the largest and most heavily used rod building message board in the world. I receive dozens of personal emails each day concerning this site. The vast majority are positive and thank me for providing a place where information is shared in a kind and considerate manner. Many fathers have told me that they do not mind their young sons, most of whom are getting involved in rod building and lure making, participating on this site as it does not contain the bickering and fighting found on other similar sites. Many beginning rod builders tell me that this is one of the few message boards where they are not afraid to post for fear of being ridiculed for what may be seen as "silly beginner" type questions.

I knew when I started this board that I could not please everybody. So I decided to do the best I could to provide a valuable resource for the majority of the people who appreciate a civil discourse on rod building topics. I have 3 moderators who have my permission to remove any posts that they deem inappropriate. Your friend's post was deemed as such due to the profanity. I stand by my moderator's decision.

I know that quite a few of people have not agreed with my decisions and have left the board. But as they leave, the board seems to get better and better. More people, more information and less trouble. I will continue along the current lines. Sorry if this is not agreeable to you. I respect your opinion, but in the end I have to do what I feel is best for those who use this board.

Tom Kirkman

PS I have tracked your email and IP address and know who you are. Your email is a fake and according to the rules, your post will also be removed. But I will leave it here today so others can see why that initial post was removed.

Re: Please read
Posted by: Jeff Stickle (---.s164.tnt2.lnhva.md.dialup.rcn.com)
Date: September 30, 2001 08:56AM

Tom,

I couldn't agree with you more. A moderated Board is much better than one that alows flames and other inapprpriate posts. If you can't keep it civil and focused on rod building you should post somewhere else.

Re: Please read
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (REELMAN) (---.mon.centurytel.net)
Date: October 01, 2001 03:26AM

I have been reading and corisponding on this board for almost a year now. This site is 1 of the best ones online I have came accross.
Every one has the right to toot their own horn, But when it comes to slander or profanity it is taken care of right now. Ever one has the right to be proud of their work. As for me I have been buiding custom rods for over 20 years now and I always learn some then new. The guys here are great giveing out information
I give Tom my thanks and gratitude for haveing such a site.

Keep a tight line Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster