I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

schmooz tools
Posted by: Bob Meiser (---.53.174.171.mhub.grid.net)
Date: September 25, 2001 09:12AM

A while back, I had a quick mail conversation with Rodmaker Magazine pointing out to them how usefull it is to me to have a publication such as theirs in my booth when doing various shows.
A few minutes ago I was going over my mental check list of things needed at a show I will be attending this weekend, and as I was gathering up my stack of Rodmakers, it came to mind that it might not be a bad idea to pass along this information.
When in a booth at any show, hundreds, often thousands of folks will be strolling by checking out your ware. Many will stop for a look see, some will ask a few questions, but most will give a friendly nod, and walk on by....... No problem, that's the way most shows are. Two seasons ago last spring, I brought along a few mags. to read on the plane, (two of which were Rodmakers) and thought I,d bring them to the booth as well, and displayed them at the front of my table next to the rod rack. As the 3 day show progressed, I found that invariably someone was thumbing through my mags., started asking questions about rod building, and before you knew it we had a good schmooz going on. Time and again, the magazine proved to be an excellent ice breaker to valuable conversation that often led to rod sales, or a viable connection.
I have since always displayed along with Rodmaker, other related books and publications , not only for their attractive qualities, but for educational tools as well. Often times the graphics and dialoge found in these publications can help express a point, or answer a question.
At any rate , I thought I,d pass this along..........We do now have excellent trade books and publications such as Rodmaker at our disposal to glean knowledge from, why not display them and spread this knowledge around a bit.

P.S. Watch those Rodmakers close, people enjoy em
so much, they just sort of wander away with them !

R.B. Meiser

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: schmooz tools/RodMaker
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: September 25, 2001 03:02PM

Bob,
I couldn't agree with you more. I've always taken along issues of RodMaker to displays at shows. If nothing else they make a custom rod display with components even more impressive. The front covers on all issues beg for attention and a 'look-see'.
Also, anyone remotely interested about fishing rods will pick up the issue and just start reading. The variety of articles and pictures in each issue, along with the information is enough to keep attention and lapse into the 'schmooz' converstation.

We're just finishing release of our new catalog for custom rodbuilders, and one of the things I am considering is to give a free issue to customers placing their first sizeable order. This will encourage anyone new in rodbuilding, as well as anyone who haven't heard of RodMaker to consider a subscription. The best source of journalism and information for custom rodbuilders, period.

I have to congratulate Tom Kirkman and the writing staff for providing the rodbuilding community such a superb periodical. I look forward to the success to continue for years to come.

Anyone wishing to check out a back issue, I believe some are still availabe from Tom. Just click on the rodmaker link or banner and you're there.

P.S. I own a set of each and every issue ever printed, and they are cherished for great reference. As Bob mentions, they do have to be watched in case of the 'sudden disappearance' syndrome. very valuable.

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel
Canada (supplier of products for custom rodbuilders)
Solyrich Custom Rods

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster