I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

John Britt/ALPS printer
Posted by: Steve (---.mobile1.al.home.com)
Date: September 22, 2001 01:52PM

I want to make my own American Flag decals on water slide paper. How do I do it having to print with white? I have the ALPS MD-1000 printer.

Thanks,
Steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: John Britt/ALPS printer
Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: September 22, 2001 05:02PM

Hi steve will post here quick if you encounter any problems please e mail me direct.In whatever program you are using for the decal,under file click on print.When the driver for the alps printer opens click properties,under document type the standard is auto,use the drop down list clickspot color then click on color tab in the list select white undercoat-ok now when you click print it will print the decal in white remove the white cartridge and replace with the color you took out,should end up now with cymk cartridges.Now you can print the decal as normal the white will undercoat the entire decal will show thru for the white bars and the rest should print normally,try a decal print on plain paper before to make sure it is set correct.Just as a personal note I have found that I like the water slide decals for inscriptions and the vinyl for photos etc,they are a little easier to work with.

Date: September 22, 2001 05:24PM

Thanks John. YOU DA MAN!!!

Thanks,
Steve

Posted by: Phil D'Avanzo (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: September 25, 2001 12:01AM

Hi John,

I've been using the waterslide decals that I got from Walthams. ANy update on your preference of water slide sheets?

What is the name of the vinyl you are using?

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: September 25, 2001 08:56AM

Hello Phil I still prefer the Walthers water slide paper for inscriptions works well for me.As for vinyl I use Scotchal Marking Sheet series 225 made for Gerber scientific products, there are a number of vinyls that work,the two largest problems encounted with this product are availablity and size.It comes in rather large oversized rolls and is fairly expensive,I believe Mudhole will sell individual sheets cut to size, Custom Tackle I believe also sells a very good vinyl paper.
You might try a dealer who makes bumper stickers and other vinyl products and test for yourself to see what works best for you.

Date: September 25, 2001 11:17AM

Phil,
www.papilio.com sells vinyl sheets in 8.5 x 11 for $14.85 per pack (10 sheets per pack). They sell lots of other ALPS media.

Steve

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster