I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Search Function
Posted by: Greg Hutchinson (---.001.lgcvx-syd002.cvx.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 03, 2008 01:31AM

Is there a problem with the search function? I just keep getting "there were no results etc" messages when I know that I have had successful searches previously on the same topics.
Thanks, Greg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Search Function
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 03, 2008 01:33AM

The site is being worked on.
Just worked fine for me though. make sure you select "all dates"

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 01:35AM by Raymond_Adams.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 03, 2008 02:10AM

I just got it OK but if you're looking for a persons post, you now have to put the name in the Authors box

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Greg Hutchinson (---.a.001lg.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 03, 2008 08:51AM

I have selected "all dates" and I am not looking for an author.
Maybe I am doing something wrong here but just for the sake of experimentation try searching for "Sage". I get "1-30 of 5087" results
When I search for "Dan Craft" or "Sevier" I get "No results were found". Is it an operator error on my part or is there a problem with the data base?
Cheers, Greg

Posted by: Ian Scott (Moderator)
Date: December 03, 2008 12:44PM

Greg, when I search for 'sevier', I am seeing 345 results.

Posted by: Greg Hutchinson (---.001.lgcvx-syd002.cvx.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 04, 2008 08:00AM

Yep, I agree Ian, the 'sevier' search now shows up....but it didn't previously for me ... honest.
Now try 'dan craft' (which is what I did right after reading your reply) again "no result", at my end anyway.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 04, 2008 12:57PM

Greg,

The forum works in starts and fits - there was a lot of damage done. Some content has completely disappeared.

Please be patient while things are being worked on. This won't happen overnight or even in a week's worth of nights.

Posted by: Greg Hutchinson (---.a.007.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 05, 2008 07:28AM

My apologies Tom. I did not realise there was so much damage.
I did not intend to put pressure on you good people. You all do a great job which is much appreciated.
I was just trying to figure out why things were not working the way they used to and be sure it was not something I was doing wrong.
I have a low tolerance for vandals of any kind and hope these people "pay" for their impact on the site.
Best regards, Greg

Date: December 05, 2008 09:26AM

I understand, don't worry about it.

It will take some time to get everything fixed - Ian and Wendy have other customers to attend to as well so now that we're mostly back up and running the little bugs that remain will be worked on as time allows.

We'll get there, it'll just take some time.

Posted by: Tony Scott (38.102.29.---)
Date: December 05, 2008 01:12PM

Tom -

Thanks for this information. I thought I was going crazy. Virtually none of my searches produce anything.

One specific question - do I need to select "All Forums" or "Rod Forum" or does it matter?

Thanks,

Tony

Date: December 05, 2008 01:46PM

It doesn't really matter because I only use the single forum. So one is the same as the other.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster