I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

pac bay belt tip
Posted by: allen (---.ucc.usyd.edu.au)
Date: September 12, 2001 08:33PM

read the post below about pac bay lathes and noticed a comment about the standard of the belts they provide. so I thought Id share this tip with you. Its probably not new but anyway here goes.

just super glue the broken belts back together. I had a belt last the usuall 6 weeks and did this and its still going strong a yr later.

anyway hope this helps(wont help pac bay though)

Allen Glover

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pac bay belt tip
Posted by: john bratton (---.eugene1.or.home.com)
Date: September 12, 2001 10:35PM

PCBAY drive belt ia a O RING they wear never design for that purpose they most always break wear the ends are laminated together.PCBAY should use a belt design as a drive belt. i use super glue also works great.regards John Bratton

Posted by: John Kreeger (---.dhcp.missouri.edu)
Date: September 13, 2001 09:47AM

Years ago when I bought one of these units, I believe it came with two belts (or whatever you choose to call them). The first one broke drying the first rod. The second one broke drying the third rod (I was getting really @#$%& about now). I called the supplier I purchased the unit from and ordered 4 new belts (thinking I would be replacing these on every other rod). I received my order and put one of the new belts on. It has remained in tact for 5 years and numerous rod drying sessions.

I wonder if those units sit in some storage unit somewhere and the belts simply deteriorate before the unit ships, and the initial belts you receive are somewhat old.

Posted by: Bill OConnor (---.z216112040.bos-ma.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: September 13, 2001 10:58AM

Same thing here with the belts. I had found that on of the small screw/nuts near the pulleys had a slight burr. When I would switch the belts I would nick it and that was that. I filed off the burr.
Pac Bay sent me new belts and I think I have gone through 1 in the last two years.

PAC Bay has been good to deal with. I believe they are just like any other rod building mfg. ( Lamiglas, UB-40, Rainshadow) that are willing to work with you and help you through a problem, no matter how big or small. Like they say, if something good happens to someone they tell 1 person, something bad they tell 10 people!
Keep up the good work MFG'S!!!!!!!!

BOC

Posted by: john bratton (---.eugene1.or.home.com)
Date: September 13, 2001 04:09PM

i have nothing but good things to say about PCBAY they promptly replace a defective unit.and are just good friendly folk.Regards John Bratton

Posted by: jnail (---.unitelc.com)
Date: September 15, 2001 05:19PM

on my own machine that I built with the pac bay chuck head, I found an o ring at the harware store that seems to be made of some harder rubber,has no seam,and has been going strong for a while, best of all they were 2 for $1.69. I don't have a actory belt anymore to compare the size to,because you can only krazy glue them so many times,but it appears to be close enough in size to work on the factory machine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster