I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

CTS 13'6" Spacing
Posted by: Thomas,Barry (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2008 07:30AM

While in Highpoint I Picked up a CTS 13' 6" surf blank, but i'm not having much luck finding spacing info. Will be hanging a penn 525 Mag on it. reel seat is 30" on center.
Can someone Give me a hand?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CTS 13'6" Spacing
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2008 09:20AM

You should do the spacing pretty much like on any other rod, although you can go a bit futher between guides than you would on lighter style rods. Maybe somebody else has done one and can lend a hand on what they ended up using.

You could also contact CTS and see what they recommend. They were a sponsor here at one time but no longer - thus I don't have their website address handy. I'm sure the header tag on your blank's packaging would have it.

Date: April 01, 2008 10:32AM

Thanks Tom, Sent a E-Mail to CTS but they are in New Zealand. So it will be a While! Was hoping someone who built one Would pop up

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2008 12:12PM

If you're awake, they're asleep. Hopefully they'll respond tomorrow... but you'll be asleep of course.

Date: April 01, 2008 04:37PM

just got my reply "too new- NO info" Oh Well looks like I'll use the Mark1 Mod1 Eyebal

Posted by: marnie fernandez (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: April 01, 2008 06:35PM

Thomas, I would like to build one also. where can i get a blank like this.

Date: April 01, 2008 07:21PM

Bought mine From Fishstix4U on Left

Fishstix Did send me the Guide spacing for a SU 1569 which is 13'. I'll adjust from There

Date: April 01, 2008 07:21PM

Bought mine From Fishstix4U on Left

Fishstix Did send me the Guide spacing for a SU 1569 which is 13'. I'll adjust from There

Posted by: Jeff Jovings (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 01, 2008 08:29PM

Thomas, I don't know if this will help or not, but i'm going to build on a lamiglass GSB150-2MH which is 12' 6'.The info that I got for this rod was from Red Drum Tackle in Buxton N.C. They build a bunch of heavy weight throwers,(6-16 oz). You should contact Red Drum Tackle and ask for Wheat he should be able to help you. They build some now on a diawa 13'6 blank. Their number is 1-252-995-5414.

Posted by: Robert Tignor (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2008 08:58PM

Barry , we are having some built now , and I will get the spacing from the builder and give you a call with the info .

Robert

Date: April 01, 2008 09:51PM

Thank You Robert! You are the Man!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster