I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Using 4 oz./4,800 Yard Gudebrod Spools on Renzetti Lathe
Posted by: Bill Falconer (---.dsl.fyvlar.swbell.net)
Date: June 25, 2007 12:28PM

Hello All -

I am looking for a way to use the 4,800 yard bulk Gudebrod thread spools on my Renzetti lathe. Thanks to Throop / Colby and RM, I am using a LOT more thread this month than I have used in the last decade combined. Tons of fun but I am sick and tired of respooling these threads to old empty spools. Anyone figure this fix out yet?

I have ordered the Rezetti Large Spool attachment and will work something out with that but would like to be able to have 6 -8 of these spools sort of ready to go at all times and that only does 2.

Due to a) the amount of time I am power wrapping on these holo / tiger butt wraps and b) the use of metallics, I would really prefer the spool tension method rather than the sandwich method used on the Flex Coat type tension devices.

Apologies if this is dealt with elsewhere on the board but I could not find it. I found lots of threads (sorry, posts) on using Madeira spools which are longer than average but not nearly as wide at the base as the Gudebrod bulk spools. Those fixes do not appear to work.

I'm guessing someone smarter than me has already figured it out so if you'd share I'd sure appreciate it. I promise I will post some pics soon...I haven't had this much fun with threadwork in a long, long time. Many thanks again to Tom K. for RM and this site and ALL the generous contributors to both the board and the magazine.

Bill

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Using 4 oz./4,800 Yard Gudebrod Spools on Renzetti Lathe
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 25, 2007 04:22PM

Long spool rods, 2 of them, one each put in the upper back and lower near on the spool support base, should allow you to use at least 4 spools at one time.

I'm not sure what the exact diameter is, but I doubt you can run 8 of those spools without coming up with a larger spool support base in order to put the spool rods farther apart.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster