I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

St Croix Avid Casting Rod Guide Replacement
Posted by: Bill Hickey (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2007 04:02PM

Hello, I'm looking for some help here. I have a St Croix Avid Casting Rod, model AC66MHF. The second guide up from the butt section is broken and I was wondering if anyone knew what brand and model guide St Croix uses on their rods. I also would like to know the same for the thread color and brand. I have to try and make a close as possible repair since the rod is owned by someone else. Thank you! Bill H.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: St Croix Avid Casting Rod Guide Replacement
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: May 13, 2007 04:32PM

How old is the rod Bill?

Date: May 13, 2007 04:50PM

I do not know, rod blank is a matte grey color, with what looks to be a greyish green thread wrap. There is also some gold trim wraps on the rod.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2007 07:22PM

I don't know about older rods. But currently Batson supplies most if not all of their components. don't know were their threads come from.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 13, 2007 07:34PM

According to their online catalog. The Avid series rods use Fuji Alconite guides and the Legend Elite use Fujo SIC concept guides.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2007 07:39PM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: RON NIX (---.sttl.mdsg-pacwest.com)
Date: May 13, 2007 07:45PM

SEEMS I HEARD SOME TIME AGO ( FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE) THAT ST. CROIX USED GUDEBROD THREAD; WHICH WOULD MAKE IT FAIRLY EASY TO MATCH. BUT THEN AGAIN, YOU COULD CALL OR E-MAIL THEM THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE (ON THE LEFT) AND ASK. THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN IS THEY MIGHT DECLINE TO ANSWER. JUST BE SURE TO IDENTIFY YOUR ROD AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AS TO AGE. GOOD LUCK.

RON.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2007 08:10PM by RON NIX.

Date: May 13, 2007 08:16PM

thanks, I be sure to check that stuff out. I do have a Batson catalog and I'll try calling St Croix too.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2007 08:47PM

I would recommend calling St Croix, they have stellar customer service and I have NEVER had them refuse to answer a single question or fulfill any request within reason. They do maintain a pretty extensive database with all the specifications, etc. The number is 800-826-7042.

Posted by: Andrew White (---.ks.ks.cox.net)
Date: May 13, 2007 10:23PM

I'm with Jim. Just call or e-mail St. Croix. They'll likely be able to give you the exact answers you need, and in short order. I've always had great experiences dealing with them.

Posted by: Rich Handrick (---.gdrpwi.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: May 13, 2007 10:40PM

The Avid series that you desribed will have Alconites on it. The Avid series has had Alconites on it for some time, and the Legend Elites will have Fuji SIC. Not sure on the Legend Tournaments, etc. Gudebrod does supply their thread - but some of the colors are custom to St. Croix - not available to the general public. You can match pretty darn close though. Give them a call, maybe ask for Dan in the return/repair area. Super guy, he may be able to help you out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster