I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Destructive
Posted by: elrod (150.199.191.---)
Date: August 31, 2001 09:41AM

I can understand people feeling like there character is being attacked, but remember a couple of things: 1) Feelings are REAL, but not always RIGHT 2) We are adults we should conduct this board in a proffesional and respectful manner.
I personally do not appreciate any form of profanity on this board or anywhere else. I think if someone has such a conviction that it results in direct verbal sparring it should be taken up via email and not on the board.
I am not meaning to come off as "preaching" to anyone it just that in life we are flooded everywhere (TV, internet, etc.) with things that tear us down and focus on the negative. There are many bad things that will happen to each of us in life that we can not control, but I make an effort to keep those things I can control positive and constructive.
Can we not be destructive?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Destructive
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: August 31, 2001 09:50AM

I get many emails from people who tell me they like the friendly atmosphere and helpfullness of this board. Once in a while somebody gets in a little "dig" here and there or somebody decides to take something personal. It seems to have happened much more than usual over the past 24 hours. Is the moon full?

No one else needs to reply to this particular thread, (get back to rod building) just carefully read the above rules once again perhaps. Particularly the part that asks that you "respond in the same manner in which you would like to be responed to". Very similar to the Golden Rule and one, which if adhered to, would eliminate all of the minor problems that have cropped up recently.

Thanks.

Tom Kirkman

Posted by: Jeff Stickle (---.wcomnet.com)
Date: August 31, 2001 01:33PM

Respectful discourse should be the standard for all of us.

Posted by: Dick Thurston (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 03, 2001 11:14AM

Anyone who has built very many rods knows that there are many, many different ways to accomplish the same end result. Thats part of being "Custom"! We can all sort through information, make some trials (and errors) and decide which way works best for each individual. I tend to think that there are very few absolutes in this craft and that keeping an open mind to different tecniques is the key to continued improvement of our end results. Don't knock it until you've tried it! Don't knock it even then if it works for someone else. Variables such as temperature, relative humidity, and tecnique can have such a profound effect that .........oh well, I digress.

Posted by: Karen Balcombe (---.mon.centurytel.net)
Date: September 03, 2001 02:15PM

When it come to constructive coments I thrive on thrive on them, but when the the coments are strickly hurtful I find these people are talking just to hear there own selfves talk. Just remember one thing we crawled befor we walked. unfortunatly we all make mistakes no matter how long we have been building rods. My husband and I have been building rods for many years and every time we start a new rod we discover something new

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster