I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Weaving
Posted by: Chuck (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 30, 2001 07:23PM

Does anyone use a weaving tool, the same or similar to the Custom Weaving Tool offered by Clements Tackle Supply? Are there any other devicies offered by any other tackle supply source that contribute to weaving? Thanks for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weaving
Posted by: Jim Kastorff (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 30, 2001 10:24PM

I make and use the loom which holds the thread with high density foam, works great

Posted by: LJH (---.tnt1.san-luis-obi.ca.da.uu.net)
Date: August 30, 2001 10:25PM

You can contact Doc Ski via e-mail. He sells both patterns and a tool. His e-mail is docskirods@aol.com.

Posted by: kel cheatham (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 31, 2001 07:38AM

I have played with and produced weaving jijs/looms/tools since the mid 80s. the only one that is currently commerically available is thru clemens tackle. there have been a number of copies over the years. John S. of melborne,fl made a great improvement to the basic design that makes name and letter weaving easier. I had tried the thread holders made with springs, they ate matallics. the use of custom grip to hold the threads was the idea of a navy cwo stationed at orlando. Anyway I was able to bring a lot of ideas togather and make a very usable thread holder. It is hard to beat for silhouette/numbers/letters weaving but does not do the greatest job when color change weaving. Any number of my later designs are far more efficent and easier to set up and use. Don mortons loom sold by clemens does an excellent job when used for color change weaving. If you would like some more info on later designs of the tools that I have made and which can be used very effectivily for color change you may contact me at Ph. 407 834 3008, 9-5, tue thru sat. most of the time. Kel

Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: August 31, 2001 08:09AM

Kel,
Solly and I might be interested in checking out your weaving tool.
Please contact me by email at info@rodreel.com .

Thanks,
Rich

Posted by: Jim Kastorff (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 01, 2001 12:00AM

I also would be interested in info on your color change loom thx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster