I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rainshadow and Forecast Components/ commercial message
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: August 30, 2001 05:14PM

Dear Rodbuilders especially in Canada,
We've received a beautiful shipment of Rainshadow Blanks and Forecast guides and tops in the titanium carbide finish for offering our customers. The finish on these are gorgeous and will truly set your custom rod into a new dimension for appearance.

They are available from us in the tich frame with either zircon titanium nitride finish ring or the titanium carbide finish ring, as well as the less expensive alternative of the hard alloy black ring. Even the prices on the more attractive tit.gold and the tit.carb ringed guides are affordable and the quality is first rate.

These guides and tops are as durable and functional as they are beautiful with their titanium metal finish. The rings are extra hard to prevent line grooving, are slick and polished to aid in resistance to oils and other substances easy to clean, and the ring material excells in dissipating heat for longer line life. The titanium plating finish has one of the best anticorrosive properties available today.

Give us a call or email, we'll shortly have lists and our new 2002 catalogue available with Canadian Pricing.

And the Rainshadow Blanks, already come highly recommended from rodbuilders who love them. Their finish is flawless, and select in grade. Batson Enerprises is obviously a quality outfit with custom rodubiulders interest at heart and we are proud to be associated with their product line in Canada and the fair pricing we offer our customers. You'll find us friendly and convenient for shipping. Dealers in Canada, we hope to hear from you as well. We're here to serve as your distributor and to any of you interested new or established rodbuilders.

All the best,
Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel

Options: ReplyQuote
Clarification: Especially for Canadians
Posted by: Andy (---.umacs.net)
Date: August 30, 2001 10:45PM

Rich,

Custom Rodbuilders Supplies has been closely involved with Bob Batson from the very start of production of the Rainshadow and Forecast lines of excellent products.

Custom Rodbuilders Supplies are (in addition to your company and several others) suppliers to both the wholesale and retail markets in Canada and the USA.

Bob Batson does not maintain a distribution network, hence there is no Canadian nor American distributor of Rainshadow or Forecast products.

I hope this clarifies things to the (especially) Canadian rod building community.

W. Andy Snedden

Re: Clarification: Especially for Canadians
Date: August 30, 2001 11:42PM

Andy,
Just to clarify, we are not an 'exclusive'distributor for Rainshadow and Forecast products, nor was there any intention for presenting it in such fashion. The post is just an announcement that in general we have availble products in rodbuilding for rodbuilders and that we are in Canada for convenience in transaction and availability from our stock. As you stated there is no specific distribution for Batson Enterprises, but product can be available through a dealer such as we or Gord Money at Custom Rodbuilders Supply (in Canada) and others who often will post or advertise their offerings and product information. Indeed that is what this site extends to rodbuilders and a privelege of sponsorship.

We at Richard's Rod & Reel will maintain to strive for integrity to our customers and recognize efforts with also those whom we ourselves do business with. We also like to recognize that in Canada there are extremely good rodbuilders and interest in the craft and we intend to support it and promote custom rodbuilding and have offerings of products of interest within Canada and elsewhere, in areas of tackle, rodbuilding supplies, and custom rodbuilding services.

As a sponsor of this website it is in our interest, and hopefully to the viewers to present information about product that we offer, and the post was intended for bringing attention specifically to the titanium type of components and the fine quality of Rainshadow blanks, where ever one wishes to purchase them or not.
Indeed I am excited by these products and hope I haven't offended anyone on this point.

The plug about convenient shipping ,being friendly to our customers and the ease of currency transaction , is perhaps self serving for our business and I also recognize that Gord also provides his customers excellent service, no problem with that.
I can still say that we are proud of the fine products and our current association with Batson Enterprises in providing product in a courteous and purposeful manner. I hope anyone offering these products will present useful information about them, reviews, and the features about their quality and use in rodbuilding.

Apologies to whomever feels offended, and all the best to my fellow rodbuilders in Canada, the U.S., Australia, Japan with whom I've had the privelege in communicating, sharing, and learning. I hope to hear more from you now and in the future. Andy, it's good to hear of your approval of the Batson excellence and I appreciate your clarification of our's and other suppliers of Forecast components and Rainshadow Blanks. I should more have stated we are available as a supplier of the product, rather than any notion of a sole distributor which you did well to point out.

In the title of the post, I had hoped that stating this was a commercial message from a sponsor was sufficient for viewers to expect sort of a plug about product, yet personally I projected my expression of satisfaction with the products we receive.

All the best.

Sincerely,
Richard Garbowski
Richard's Rod & Reel
Solyrich Custom Rods.

Posted by: Coach (---.gnt.com)
Date: August 31, 2001 12:37AM

Well said Rich. I did not find your post out of order. If I am out of order, please remove this post. You did say commerical announcement. Kep up the good work.

Posted by: Andy (64.39.196.---)
Date: August 31, 2001 09:28AM

Rich,

Thanks for the note of clarification. My concern was not the commercial nature of your original post- sponsors such as yourself and Custom Rodbuilder Supplies do the Canadian rod building community a service by keeping builders informed of your products and services. My concern was with the 'distributorship' issue alone.

Andy

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: August 31, 2001 09:30AM

Rich,

You did nothing wrong. Your post was in order and within our guidelines for what the sponsors may post. The statement , "We're here to serve as your distributor and to any of you interested new or established rodbuilders." obviously threw off some people who did not realize that statement was made in general and did not refer to any claims of being an exclusive distributor for anything or anybody.

And with that I want to mention how well all the board sponsors have managed themselves here. I hope they are seeing results from their support of this board and I trust the rod builders are benefitting from their participation.

Considering that we're dealing with over 40,000 rod builders who account for about 1.2 million hits per month and 250 posts per week, this thing seems to be working out okay. I just hope I can keep up with it once we start promoting the site!

Date: August 31, 2001 10:42AM

Dear Andy and Tom,

Just to reiterate, we are not any sort of 'exclusive' distributor for Batson, Forecast, or Rainshadow brands and the use of the term was used loosely as Tom best explained. We are, if you better want to use this term: a 'supplier' or 'dealer' of Forecast and Rainshadow products.

No offence taken, nor hopefuly given to anyone by this. I enjoy the opportunity of sponsoring this site as I sponsor a couple of other angling or rodbuilding related sites an periodicals with my business and I hope to continue purposeful contribution for product announcements as well as general participation from a personal standpoint to rodbuilders anywhere.

Canada, being the country where I live, and with my interest in reaching rodbuilders here for both commercial and personal rodbuilding sake, is mentioned and I extend a personal welcome to Canadians for participating in this rewarding and fine craft.

We'll have other product or commercial announcements to this board in the future, as well as participating with general rodbuilding B.S. and commeraderie.

All the best and thanks for your understanding

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel

Posted by: John Britt (65.32.100.---)
Date: August 31, 2001 11:44AM

Rich
are you sure there is a country called Canada
John

Date: August 31, 2001 11:48AM

Rich and John,

Although I currently live in the USA, I am a Canadian who is returning to the Great Land to the North very shortly.

John, Yes there is (still) a Canada and its very very nice. Come on 'up north' for a visit and bring plenty of rods.

cheers

Andy

Posted by: John Britt (65.32.100.---)
Date: August 31, 2001 11:54AM

Andy been there beautiful country love to return and visit,small inside joke between Rich and I
John

Date: August 31, 2001 12:52PM

John,

I'll be relocating to Vancouver Island in a couple of months, you might consider planning a salmon fishing trip.

Andy

Hi John Britt
Date: August 31, 2001 12:57PM

John,
Yes there is a Canada, I just don't know if some people know that there is a MAP of Canada. haha
We'll keep the 'inside joke' between us. no one will understand anyway.

Hey, by the way... have you deliberated any thoughts of staying in a dark oven and noting whether we exist or not?? more inside joke.

Like I said, who would understand. Stay cool down there and hope you visit Canada soon. We could use some of your rodbuilding experise, those hot shot rods, and demonstrating with the Alps printer.

Now that coach is in Florida as a new resident, maybe another 'recount' is in order. haha

All the best, eh? and don't take any wooden loonies. Andy, will know what is meant by 'loonies'. (our money up here, and toonies, too)

Rich

finding stuff on your website
Posted by: Jeff Thomson (---.vz.dsl.gtei.net)
Date: September 02, 2001 01:22AM

Richard - I couldn't find anything on your website about the above components. Is it my browser, or...?

Website following catalog
Date: September 02, 2001 09:48PM

Jeff,
Sorry about the website. We created the category, but haven't added selections yet. We're now preparing our new catalog for print in about 2 or 3 weeks should be available to send, if you're interested in a copy I would be glad to get your name on our sending list when it's ready.

We hope to have on-line shopping for our offerings later this year, and sorry for the inconvenience. We felt the catalog was a better thing to dwell on as most enjoy browsing pages in hand.

Thanks for yours, and eveyrone else's interest.

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster