I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

where to buy decals for custom rods
Posted by: Bill Hickey (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 18, 2006 04:53PM

Hello, I'm just starting out building some fly rods and I was wondering where I could buy some custom made rod decals that would have the company name on them. Also, is there a specific type of decal that is better than others and what type of finish applies the best to seal the decal to the rod. thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: where to buy decals for custom rods
Posted by: Carrington Tate (---.wellsfargo.com)
Date: October 18, 2006 05:08PM

decal connection, they are a sponsor of this site. There are copyright issues that you may run into if you want to companies names replicated, if i'm reading your post correctly. They have a variety of different decal paper, probably best to call them directly so they can match your needs. I spray krylon fixatif (sp?) on the decal after applying, then use a two part Epoxy like threadmaster.

Hope this helps

Carrington Tate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2006 05:11PM by Carrington Tate.

Posted by: Bill Hickey (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 18, 2006 05:31PM

Carrington, thanks for the info. The decals I want would be of my own design, just somehting to snaz up my own rods.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: October 18, 2006 07:04PM

Decal Connection right over there in the left hand column.

Jay

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: October 18, 2006 07:45PM

Decal Connection!! Give them a call. If you have your design, you can just e-mail it them in .jpg or.gif format. If it is your logo, it's a lot cheaper to get a whole sheet of them. Depending on size you can get a heck of a lot of them on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet. I get mine on their new waterslide paper. A lot easier and tougher (for me). Just apply and cover with your favorite finish (mine is Threadmaster). I usually wait until next day. I use Micro Sol & Micro Set but not required.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster