I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sale @ Dan Craft Enterprises
Posted by: Dan L Craft (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: October 12, 2006 11:15AM

For the rest of the month of October, we are having a sale!

All 10'0" blanks in stock in the FT lineup are 20% off list. ( these are great switch rod blanks and work well also as float tube rods or for drifting nymphs).

All FTL multi-piece blanks 20% off list. ( These are very light blanks with actions similar to the Signature models).

All of the older model 3pc Signature V blanks are 40% off list ( these blanks include 9'0" 9wt, 9'0" 10wt, 9'9" 7wt and 9 9" 8wt in spiral finish ). These are the last of the Signature V 3pc models and are being sold without labels or warranties. We will have parts for them for some time though).

In addition, all sales to Canada of $200.00 or more will include free Parcel Post Air shipping and all sales in the USA over $200.00 will get free Priority shipping!!

This sale will be in effect only on orders called in direct to us as the website does not automatically add in the discount. Please call 541-782-4404.
Thanks,

Dan Craft
Dan craft Enterprises
Five Rivers Rod Blanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sale @ Dan Craft Enterprises
Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.ferc.gov)
Date: October 12, 2006 11:57AM

Those looking for smoothness and ease of casting combined with reasonable power and the ultimate convenience in portability ought to really check out those FTL blanks. I have built the 803-5, 803-6, 904-6, and 905-6. Originally, I bought a set of the blanks figuring I would pick my favorite and sell the rest to friends. I did sell the 803-5 because it's so similar to the other 3wt. that it didn't make sense for me to keep both. But, honestly, I'm having one helluva time figuring out which of the other 3 I'd be willing to part with! I entered the CCS data for all these blanks on Bob Hesser's site for those interested. Those results were at the blank stage so you can take about a penny off the ERNs if you want to estimate the finished rod ERNs. In summary, I'd describe them as more powerful than Winston WTs, less powerful than St. Croix SCIVs, but like both of those series, smooth casting and with fine tips. They suit me very well.

Posted by: Stan Grace (69.146.228.---)
Date: October 12, 2006 12:17PM

When I looked at Steve's CC numbers for the FTL904-6 they were very similar to an old favorite rod of mine. That rod being a G loomis IMX Signature, 2 piece, 9', three wt. It is now built and in action and turned out to be similar enough to the IMX that I use it as a replacement. This says a lot for Dan's FTL blanks as well as DR. Hanneman's CC System from my perspective.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Posted by: Stan Grace (69.146.228.---)
Date: October 12, 2006 12:21PM

Double entry. Sorry!

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2006 12:23PM by Stan Grace.

Date: October 12, 2006 02:55PM

Hey Steve! I hate to cause you more headaches but I also have the FTL blanks in a 9'0" 6pc 6wt (;~0)
Thanks for the great input from you and Stan!

Dan Craft
Five Rivers Rod blanks
Try one, you'll never look back!

Posted by: Terry Turner (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 12, 2006 08:05PM

OUCH!

I just bought one of the FTL 803-5's. Before the sale, of course. My luck on bad timing.

Great blank though.

Terry

Date: October 13, 2006 02:17AM

Terry,

Sorry about that! If your order was in October, come on back for a refund or discount on a new order. Hey, come on back for a discount on a new order anyway!

Dan Craft
Five Rivers Rod Blanks

Posted by: Daryl Dertell (---.nelson.netidea.bc.ca)
Date: October 14, 2006 12:22AM

They were a great deal at regular price,guess they just got even better.I will also give my endorsement to these blanks . Have a few of Dan,s blanks built. like the 10 ft FT and have a FTL 4wt that I like better everytime I use it.Great blank . Try it and i bet you,ll agree. I have a 5 wt FT 10footer that I,ll never give up either. Daryl

Posted by: Terry Turner (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 15, 2006 08:24AM

Thanks Dan,,

I'll shoot you a note and work out the details.

Terry

Posted by: Charlie Armontrout (---.dmt.ntelos.net)
Date: October 16, 2006 08:56PM

Hey Folks,

Dan's THA man!! . . . I had a special order for a gentleman who wanted a 6pc fly rod for a Canadian fly fishing trip and Dan was able to get me what I needed PRONTO. I ordered from him on a Friday after noon EST while I was still at work and when I got to the shop on Monday afternoon it was at the front door waiting on me - and the customer had it to go to Canada when he needed it. Thanks Dan.

Charlie
Virginia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster