I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Alps MD 2300
Posted by: Steve (---.mobile1.al.home.com)
Date: August 15, 2001 03:41PM

Has anyone had any experience with this printer? It said something about an SCIS Interface whatever that is. I'd like to buy a printer to make my own labels but don't know which ALPS model to buy.

Thanks,
Steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alps MD 2300
Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: August 15, 2001 03:56PM

Steve DONT repeat DONT buy that model,the only models that work with a PC and can print in white a necessity for decals are the Alps model MD 1000-the 1300 or the MD5000

Re: Alps MD 2300
Posted by: Steve (---.mobile1.al.home.com)
Date: August 15, 2001 04:07PM

Thanks for clearing that up John. That is the information I was looking for.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Alps
Posted by: Harv (---.penn.com)
Date: August 15, 2001 06:40PM

I have had experience with a 2010 also. It can be tricked into printing white by changing the foil ID label on the cartridge.The 2010 has the 'overlay' feature allowing overprinting of an inscription,or pic without the paper being exited until you're done.
Usually,the 2010 goes much cheaper than the 1000.

Still, the 1000 is the easiest to use,but ,if a 2010 can be had cheap enough,it will work with some tinkering. It still prints metallics nicely,as does the 1000. Anyone needing help with a 2010 can email me.

Re: Alps
Posted by: William (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 15, 2001 08:23PM

SCSI is more commonly called a "scuzzy" interface. It stands for "small computer systems interface" which is still the best interface available. Only problem is that most computers now use the USB or parallel interface including the professional graphics Macintosh which are USB and FireWire. Chances are if you buy a printer with a SCSI interface you won't be able to use it with any computer made in the past 3 or 4 years without some type of converter.

agree with John
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: August 16, 2001 11:22AM

Steve,
We have a model 1300 and works like a charm. As John said it's necessary to have the white background or will disappear into the blank.

Also it's necessary to have the right decal paper for good appearance. Waltham's we use, a bit fragile perhaps. There are others you might check around.

Richard's Rod & Reel
www.rodreel.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster